Our client, a mid-sized operator within the Oil & Gas Industry, have a need for an experienced QA Manager to aid with the construction/expansion of their petro-chemical facility near Lake Charles, LA.
Ideal candidates will come from a strong construction background with experience of developing and implementing quality manager systems related to QA/QC.
The Project QA /Manager (PQC) will oversee the Quality Assurance and Quality Control aspects of the project, as delivered through its contractors and vendors. The PQC will develop and maintain the Project Quality Assurance Plan in accordance with the project specifications, governmental regulations & standards, and additional requirements established by the Project Management Team.
The PQC is charged with ensuring that the project meets the quality requirements set forth by the Project Management Team, within the Project Execution plan and that quality documentation is can demonstrate that the asset is safe and ready for start-up.
- Reviews contract scope of work, specifications, Project Execution Plan and identifies unique requirements or special processes during the project which require control for effective examination and reliability.
- Develop, implement and maintain a Project Quality Assurance Plan for the project that is compatible with the Project Management Team and any relevant entities in the project, including vendors and sub-contractors.
- Manage Project Quality Assurance activities and assist the Project Management Team in the required planning for quality control activities of its contractors and vendors across the project phases.
- Ensure that Quality Objectives and metrics are set for measuring the performance of the Project tams and its subcontractors and that these are regularly reported and reviewed.
- Plan, direct and coordinate quality resources necessary to effectively execute the Project Quality Assurance Plan for the construction and commissioning of the Plant.
- Responsible for assigning site quality inspection resources.
- Administers the vendor inspection process though the assigned inspector.
- Assures through proper utilization of resources and audit verification the effective execution of the Project Quality Plan.
- Ensure that all subcontractors, vendors and suppliers used by the Project Management Team are evaluated from a quality perspective and that records of this assessment are maintained.
- Develop quality reporting to management level
- Communicates with management and project team on progress, issues, risks, costs and schedule impacts relative to project quality.
- Initiate quality planning for the project to assure compliance first time through proactive and preventive measures
- Using existing document control procedures, approve, review and update changes to critical documents within the scope of the project.
- Develop an overall quality audit and verification program for the project.
- Conducts inspections, audits, and surveillance to verify implementation of quality assurance/control requirements.
- Prepares and compiles data from audits, identify non-quality trends and advises project management on the effectiveness of the Project Quality System.
- Liaises with the QC/NDT/Certification Personnel to ensure that quality no conformances are addressed and technically resolved.
- Liaises with Company teams in Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning/start-up and Operations to ensure quality requirements are fully understood and integrated into the various subcontractor contracts and quality management systems.
- Liaises with subcontractors and vendors as required in order to ensure quality management systems and controls are in place and are fully operational
- Liaises with the certifying authority on documents specified to seek verification, assessment and appraisal of their conformity and fitness to the codes and regulations in order that asset integrity can be demonstrated on paper at or prior to RFSU
- Promote the awareness and enforcement of project quality requirements throughout the Project Team including subcontractors and vendors.
- Coordinates the capture and compiling of all equipment records and files needed to satisfy the asset integrity and process safety requirements of the project.
- Evaluates the schedule throughout the project and makes appropriate adjustments to ensure quality deadlines are met for the project.
- Monitors the constructed site for quality assurance, tracking and reporting on the status of inspection activities and maintain daily records of activities completed.
Experience / Education
- Degree in Engineering or Construction Management, or related experience.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in construction, including five years construction management experience.
- High level of knowledge and experience with the development and implementation of quality management systems as they relate to quality assurance and quality control.
- Knowledge of applicable building, construction and quality codes and standards.
- Extensive prior experience of developing project quality plans covering assurance and control activities for major capital projects.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30655