Lead Process Design Engineer (LNG)
Petroplan's client, an international engineering group in Houston is seeking an experienced LNG Lead Process Engineer to work on and provide technical assurance/leadership on assigned LNG projects in both the liquefaction and regasification spaces.
- Technical leadership and oversight of process engineering work being performed on assigned projects, including review of engineering deliverables for conceptual, feasibility, FEED, and detailed design phases.
- Process heat & material balance (HMB) design and preparation of project HMB deliverables.
- Prepare and develop BFDs, PFDs, UFDs, and P&IDs.
- Maintain master copies of all process documents and enforce management of change (MOC) during process document revisions.
- Prepare and develop process design criteria and basis of design documents and contribute to the project design basis.
- Perform piping line sizing and hydraulic calculations.
- Perform pump NPSH, flashing, and cavitation analysis/calculations.
- Perform flare load capacity requirements.
- Perform emergency depressurization calculation and studies.
- Prepare emergency shutdown (ESD) hierarchy drawings.
- Develop Material Selection Diagrams (MSDs) based on project requirements.
- Develop process specifications and process philosophies.
- Perform calculations for utilities; instrument air, nitrogen, sea water, fore water, etc.
- Perform sizing calculations for control valves, pressure relief valves, flow restrictions, flow elements, etc.
- Prepare process descriptions and process control narratives including complex loops.
- Prepare process cause & effect diagrams.
- Prepare process operations manuals.
- Prepare process alarm and trips setpoint summaries
- Coordinate and schedule process engineering activities on assigned project.
- Review and approve process deliverables.
- Develop, review, and participate in the bidding of equipment procurement activities, engineering services and technical contracts.
- Track performance and compliance of assigned work as per project requirements.
- Provide guidance and development to staff process engineers on assigned projects.
- Develop and review of process design standards/philosophies.
- Participate and actively contribute to scheduled design reviews; HAZID, P&ID, HAZOP, PHA, PSSRs, etc.
- Demonstrate ability to interface and collaborate across multiple disciplines.
- Support the technical review and closeout of critical MOC activities for assigned projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- P.E. Certification (Texas) a plus but not required.
- Minimum 10 years of project experience in process design with at least 5 years in LNG and Regasification process facilities.
- Previous experience as a Process Lead, team leader or supervising others.
- Experience in LNG plant commissioning and operations is highly desirable.
- Strong technical competency in process engineering including knowledge of liquefaction and regasification.
- Experience in the basic scope and design of utilities systems; safety systems, instrument air, nitrogen, water, fuel gas, drainage, etc.
- Familiar with the hazards of hydrocarbon processes, cryogenic services, and the methods used to keep process facilities safe.
- Strong knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and regulations and their implementation in LNG operating facilities.
- Experience in man-hour resource planning and budgeting.
- Experience and desire to participate in the growth of a developing technical organization.
- Proficient in process simulation software; UniSim, HYSYS, ProMax, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with focus on Excel spreadsheets.
- Teamwork, leadership, and administrative abilities are required.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries, overseas offices, and governmental agencies.
- Organized, planning skills, able to manage multiple activities and programs in timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy, and able to meet work deadlines.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33848