Petroplan are seeking an experienced Lead Rotating Equipment Engineer to work for one of our clients, a mid-sized operator within the petro-chem industry. The role will be initially based in Houston but required to transfer to the Project Site in Louisiana (near Baton Rouge) in mid-2019.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Serves as site subject matter expert for rotating equipment.
- Coordination of the technical rotating equipment disciplines activities during the different phases of the project.
- Leads troubleshooting efforts related to rotating equipment issues onsite.
- Monitoring of the compliance with the specified deadlines, contractual stipulations and quality of work.
- Review and approve detailed rotating equipment engineering drawings and operating, testing, and commissioning procedures for Rotating and related disciplines.
- Project schedule progress monitoring.
- Document Management System.
- Cost Control.
- Punch listing, subsystems and systems acceptance.
- Work Permit, Job Plan and Risk Analysis.
- Interface with plant operations/maintenance.
- Assists in the organization of project-related, technical meetings with the engineering company and/or third parties.
- Lead participation of the technical rotating equipment discipline in meetings with vendors, equipment inspection and testing.
- Oversee the development of basic design, detailed engineering and procurement- related activities of Rotating Equipment such as pumps, compressors, blowers and turbines.
- Review and approve all related rotating equipment engineering project specifications and technical standards.
- Review and participate in the selection process for all major rotating equipment and system.
- Supervise and coordinate rotating equipment teams in the implementation of the above tasks.
Skills / Experience:
- BS in Engineering required; MS degree preferred. Professional Engineer (PE) preferred.
- Associated experience with plant operations, commissioning and start up management
- Experience in a project environment an advantage
- Excellent communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Positive relationships with individuals at all levels
- Position demands strong self-motivation to evaluate and solve technical and engineering problems, both in isolation and in-groups
In order to carry out all duties and responsibilities effectively, the position requires strong knowledge of the processes underlying major construction projects. The ability to work through influence, motivate others, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills is critical to success.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH31390