POSITION: OPERATIONS ENGINEERING MANAGER
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER - CSU & OPERATIONS
FLSA STATUS: FULL TIME, EXEMPT
The position leads and directs the activities of the Engineering team at the LNG Facilities and assists in assuring Asset and Operating Integrity requirements are developed and implemented into the day-to-day operations. Provide and direct Engineering input/experience into the Operations of the LNG facilities and processes to ensure safe, efficient, reliable and in compliance with all established contracts, agreements, policies, laws and regulatory procedures.
Ensure Operations Department is kept appraised of new technology and engineering developments that assist the operational goals of efficient, effective, low cost operations while maintaining the safety and integrity of all operations of the enterprise.
- Manages the Operations Engineering Team activities
- Identifies issues and assist in maintaining the day-to-day Operations of the facilities within the safe design and operating envelopes of the Basis of Design of LNG Facilities
- Manages and coordinates technical improvements and expansion of the plant as required and maintain efficient and cost competitive operations
- Implements and maintains reliability processes that ensures continuous improvement of plant efficiency and reliability
- Ensures regulatory inspections and documentation requirements are achieved and audit ready
- Presents and lead the engineering portion of the monthly Financial and Operations meetings to management
- Participates in the development of annual OPEX budgets to ensure on-line objectives are met within the operating facilities
- Represents company in all regulatory audits and inspections
- Represents company in Industry Engineering Forum/Programs and various functions when required
- Develops and assists as required on scopes of work in facility planned shutdowns, project work and turnaround activities
- Leads the equipment criticality/risk analysis effort, and validate equipment-sparing strategy
- Leads engineering staffing reviews and selection process and follow the company Performance Appraisal process.
- Organizes and participates in process HAZOPs during final design and construction phase of future and ongoing projects
- Ensures equipment reliability/analysis/troubleshooting requirements are met as needed to correct deficiencies as they arise
- Conducts or leads special studies on economic feasibility and on complex new technologies, methods and materials
- Able to drive to all on-site facilities
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
Minimum Qualifications/Work Experience:
- Registered PE
- Minimum Required 15 years of experience in Operations Engineering in LNG or Similar Complex Process Facilities
- 15-20 years of substantial technical knowledge in LNG Liquefaction and specifically in APCI Liquefaction technologies
- 10 years' supervisory experience
- Required Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Knowledge of engineering systems, calculations, applications and operations methods and materials, and engineering application of computers
- Thorough knowledge of industrial and regulatory standards and design criteria in the engineering discipline
- Good analytical problem-solving skills, including root cause analysis
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
HSE Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the policies, efforts, and programs of company Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management System. Actively participate in the Occupational Health, Safety, and Environmental Management System Policies. Ensures that HSE concerns are given priority in all activities completed within their area of responsibility. Implements routine inspections to ensure safe operating conditions.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH35068