Petroplan is seeking Process Control Engineers for our client, a major chemical manufacturing client with operations in Texas.
With operations situated globally, our client is a global technology leader in the production of specialty materials and chemical products which are used in most major industries and consumer applications. The company employs approximately 7,500 employees worldwide and had 2014 net sales of $6.8 billion.
- Ensure continuous, safe operation of Distributed Control System (DCS)
- Responsible for the maintenance and configuration of DCS to provide high availability of all control system components.
- Coordinate DCS troubleshooting activities.
- Monitor system and control system components.
- Perform routine system maintenance and modifications (e.g. back-ups, file maintenance, system performance tuning, system software upgrades) to minimize downtime and loss of information.
- Configure basic control scheme and logic.
- Participate in MOC changes and alarm management activities.
- Contribute by identifying ways to leverage control system to maximize unit safety and productivity.
- Develop, design and implement system improvements.
- Develop and maintain a system recovery plan.
- Support other systems as needed (e.g. data historian, yield accounting, BLAN, PCN)
- Support SIS systems, including SIS functional checkouts, PLC programming and maintenance, SIS bypasses, etc.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work in a self-directed manner.
- Hands on experience working with DCS hardware and software, PLC's and data historians.
- Good troubleshooting ability.
- Prior hands-on experience working with multiple disciplines (e.g. Operations, Technical, Maintenance)
- Basic understanding of chemical and utility processes.
- DeltaV DCS, Triconex SIS, DCS Upgrades.
- Process Control or relevant Diploma with experience in: DeltaV DCS and Triconex SIS
- OSI PI Data Historian and Plant State Suite
- Graphics development
- Working knowledge of networks and computers/servers.
- Working knowledge of instruments and analyzers.
- 3-5 years related experience
- B.S. in Chemical/Electrical Engineering or related field from an accredited University
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH32719