Petroplan is seeking an intermediate-level Process Engineer for our client, a major downstream/LNG engineering consultancy firm based in Houston.
The Process Engineering, intermediate level candidate, will support various team members and clients through all phases of a project. Responsibilities will involve using standard process design and process simulation tools for facilities modifications, additions, etc. and to technically determine solutions in sufficient detail to determine cost, verify operability, HSSE compliance and provide equipment and material specifications to the other engineering disciplines. It is essential that candidates are self-driven, have demonstrated multi-tasking ability, and can effectively work under pressure to meet project deadlines.
- Provide process design support for a variety of EPC projects.
- Performing process computer simulations including heat & mass balance calculations, preparation of process flow diagrams and P&ID's to establish fluid flow circuits and required process controls, scope definition and front-end studies.
- Performing various process design calculations including line sizing, hydraulics, equipment sizing, PSV sizing & flare system hydraulics.
- Provide input to instrumentation and control data sheets, line designations tables, material selections, equipment list for cost estimation, plot plan process inputs, plant classification, hazardous area classifications, constructability reviews, maintainability & operability reviews.
- Ensure that acceptable HSSE standards are met during project execution.
- Coordinates the process work plan within overall sequence of engineering execution.
- Communicate process information including equipment and material specifications to mechanical, instrumentation, electrical, civil/structural and piping departments for detailed design.
- Continually monitors schedule and looks for opportunities to improve schedule.
- Ensures that deliverables from other disciplines have been received prior to starting work that requires those deliverables.
- Ensures commitment of the project to safety in design.
- Monitors process "recycle" on project and promptly takes corrective action to eliminate internally caused recycle.
- Ensures that all design documents and deliverables produced by process are:
- meeting all governing codes, standards, regulations, procedures and practices; subject to quality assurance before release to other disciplines; and reviewed by other disciplines affected by process deliverables.
- Ensures that process correctly reviews and comments on other discipline design documents and deliverables, which affect quality and timeliness of process work.
Key proficiencies/education and experience requirements:
- Chemical engineering degree (B.Eng.) from a recognized university.
- 5-10 years process design experience in Oil & Gas industry.
- EPC company experience required.
- Operating and /or site experience is preferred.
- Skilled in computer process simulations, process conceptual design, detailed engineering.
- Skilled with standard computer process simulation tool set (HySys, Pro II, Aspen Plus, HTRI) including Excel and Word.
- Solid working knowledge of codes, standards and practices including ASME, API, ANSI, NFPA, NACE and ASTM.
- HAZOP facilitation experience an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH32817