Petroplan are seeking an experienced Deputy Project Business Manager to work for one of our clients, a mid-sized operator within the petro-chem industry. The role will initially be based in Houston but require to transfer to the Project Site in Louisiana (near Baton Rouge) in mid-2019
The Deputy Project Business Manager will assist the Project Business Manager with the development, management and administration of Project Business Services - insurance, tax, procurement, assisting with employee logistics, contract administration and compliance, legal affairs, commercial negotiations, project risk management as well as financial and commercial reporting and analysis.
Duties / Responsibilities:
Assist the Project Business Manager with the following:
* Commercial and financial analysis
* Project cost assessments
* Risk assessment and risk register
* Contracting strategy
* Potential execution options
* Sets up Project account budgets and cost management and accounting system
* Tax strategy and tax accrual processes including interface with the tax department and local Tax authorities - this includes import and export duties and tariffs
* Maintaining overall Project financial and accounting records and reports
* Assist with corporate audits and/or third party audits where appropriate.
* Manage cash flow, cost forecast and trending updates in partnership with Project Controls team
* Manage accounts payable/ accounts receivable function
* Participates with the EPC estimate development and Owners cost review and consolidation into TIC budget basis with assistance from Project Controls and other team members
* Insurance requirements
* Assists with Contractor commercial administration
* Contracting and Terms and Conditions review and support with legal department and the Project Director
* Participates in the review of engineering and construction contracts contain requirements for Project Controls and specify all necessary project control documents and participates periodically in audits the assess the Contractor/s' compliance with the requirements
Skills / Experience:
* Bachelor Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, Construction Management or Business.
* A minimum of 10 years' of Project Business Services capital projects experience
* Demonstrated supervisory experience
* Experience in all phases of capital development from concept / screening through construction, commissioning and handover
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills required to interface effectively with all levels within the organization and external customers
* Ability to work under tight deadlines and capable of operating independently
* Proficient in software applications to include: Primavera, ASPEN, and other enterprise reporting tools, Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
* Proficient in standard functionality of cost control software packages
* Proficient in Total Installed Costs (TIC) estimating skills / concepts
* Experience in contract management procedures / strategies
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30533