Petroplan are seeking an experienced Procurement Manager to work for one of our clients, a mid-sized operator within the petro-chem industry. The role will be initially based in Houston but required to transfer to the Project Site in Louisiana (near Baton Rouge) in mid-2019.
Duties / Responsibilities:
Skills / Experience:
- Provide strategic leadership in all areas of Procurement to the project team, delivering the procurement of Services, Materials and Equipment in an effective and timely manner.
- To actively plan and co-ordinate sourcing strategies with the project team and align contracts and negotiations to ensure procurement requirements are met.
- Responsible for supporting any disputes, negotiations or commercial discussions supporting the project team.
- Effectively manage key vendor relationships, with significant involvement in contract negations and the establishment of terms & conditions & ensuring beneficial, commercially sound outcomes for the project.
- To gain the best suppliers and guarantee an optimum supply chain for project materials & equipment
- Conduct and support supplier evaluations, performing economical approval when necessary
- Ensure contract terms and conditions are kept up to date, and minimize exposure to the risks inherent in contracting
- Work with accounting function to ensure that payments are made in compliance with agreed terms
- Ensure resources are consistently provided to the project team in order to achieve project KPIs in a cost effective and customer focused manner.
- Maintain oversight of project expenses in accordance with the approved budget and Corporate Governance principles.
- Ensure appropriate procurement standards, processes and guidelines are established and maintained, ensuring all work is done in compliance with relevant legislation, regulatory requirements, and based on best practice and industry standards.
- Ensure that efficient and effective integration with the warehouse, to ensure service from department meet Project team needs
- To evaluate and execute continuous improvement opportunities to optimize the procurement process, improve commercial outcomes and minimize risk. Capitalize on synergies across the project team are maximized in purchasing arrangements.
- Input into project reporting is done so in a timely, accurate and succinct manner
- Demonstrate leadership in achieving all goals in relation to Project execution.
- Contribute to a performance culture in the organization; providing continuous performance feedback.
- Bachelor of Commerce or Business Degree
- Preference for 10 years' experience in major capital development and execution projects, with specialist skills in Procurement
- Experience gained in petrochemical or related industry
- Strong commercial experience, including analytical skills
- Proven working knowledge of contract and insurance law & tendering process
- Demonstrated negotiation and influencing capabilities
- Contract Law expert
- In depth knowledge of standards and procedures and industry best practice
- Ability to communicate with a range of people - both internally across all levels, and also external stakeholders
- Cross cultural sensitivity, strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build positive partnerships
Ability to multi-task, thrive and manage multiple priorities in a high paced and change-constant environment
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30605