Senior Process Engineer
Petroplan is seeking a Senior Process Engineer for a key client, a well-established EPC contractor based in the Houston area.
The Senior Process Engineer will head-up process department studies, lead/co-lead the process engineering scope for various FEED and EPC projects, determine methods and solutions for complex engineering problems, and aid in the selection of the most efficient and economical methods to meet team objectives while applying advanced engineering techniques and analysis.
The Senior Process Engineer is a fully qualified professional, proficient in the utilization of current engineering theories and practices and may serve as a technical consultant in area of specialty for management or the customer.
- Develop process department scope, contribute to work plan and take responsibility for engineering studies, FEED, and EPC phases of major projects.
- Function as a senior member of an area design team in the execution of large or complex projects.
- Contribute to the delivery of process department deliverables within the agreed budgets and schedules.
- Participate in complex technical discussions with third parties in order to facilitate appropriate technical decisions.
- Identify issues and help clarify areas of complexity during all phases of the engineering design process.
- Understand multi-disciplinary technical issues and be able to provide innovative technical solutions to resolve these issues.
- Perform detailed process design simulations and calculations, prepares equipment and instrument data sheets, and prepares PFDs and PIDs.
- Publish technical papers and presents at conferences and trade shows, customer meetings and internal presentations
- Clearly articulate technical knowledge to others including colleagues, management and clients
- Take initiative in making decisions within established procedures and guidelines
- Work with industry groups and has a working knowledge of industry specifications and standards
- Identify opportunities and leads continuous improvement of technical and work processes
Must be a U.S. Citizen, or hold a valid work visa that does not require sponsorship in order to legally work full-time in the United States.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Commitment to customer service and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to maintain confidential information is critical.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with all levels of organization.
- Sound engineering judgment
- Supervisory and scheduling skills
- Demonstrates initiative in problem solving
- Experience with process configuration and optimization studies to increase product yield, reduce utility consumption and to reduce or mitigate flare loads.
- Actively involved in professional organizations and continuing education initiatives
- B.S. or M.S. in Chemical Engineering
- 10 years of Process Engineering experience in EPC or operating companies in a similar role
- Demonstrated proficiency of applicable theories, practices, process simulation and other engineering computer tools
- P.E. registration preferred
- Chemical, petrochemical, and LNG process design
- Recognized expertise in at least one technology
Houston, Texas, United States
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33423