Weight Engineer - Houston, TX
Our client, a large oil & gas organization is looking to add a Weight Engineer for a 12 month independent contract with the high possibility of extension.
The Weight Engineer will be responsible reviewing and analyzing the TEC's monthly weight report, identifying trends, and working with the contractor and Engineering Oversight Team to identify opportunities for weight reduction, or threats against weight growth.
The Weight Engineer will also be responsible for understanding the significance and limitations associated with the Transportation and Future Operating Not-to-Exceed (NTE) weights.
- Review and analysis of the Topsides Engineering Contractor's (TEC's) monthly weight report to identify trends, gaps, areas of concern, etc.
- Develop recommendations for weight reduction, or adjustments to NTE Weights and CoG Envelopes, based on consultation with the TEC's Weight Engineer and others
- Review Change Proposals, Technical Queries (TQ's), Site Queries (SQ's), and Vendor Requests for Information (RFI's) to identify potential weight impacts
- Interface with the Marine Group and CGS Engineering Contractor (Arup) to understand the significance and limitations of established NTE weights
- Interface with the TEC and Engineering Oversight Team to identify opportunities for weight reduction
- Attend and witness weighings for major subassemblies and modules
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil/Structural or Mechanical)
- Professional Engineering certification
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in weight management for offshore oil & gas projects
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the design and fabrication of Topsides structures for fixed and floating platforms
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in using and interrogating weight databases such as MS Access, or other
- Knowledgeable in typical norms and allowances used for weight reporting for all engineering disciplines during various project phases such as FEED, DED, and Construction
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings and MTO's
- Able to work in a team environment and interact with other engineers, technologists, and contractors
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Power Point
- Able to use Navisworks to view and interrogate the Topsides 3D model is an asset
- Strong communications and networking skills
- Highly developed influencing and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Strong planning and organizing skills
- Ability to make rational decisions when under pressure
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30352