BASIC PURPOSE: Perform business analysis activities for the Sites & Logistics team, including requirements elicitation, tracking, clarification and communication, specification writing, recommending and validating solutions. This position will focus on business analysis related to Distribution and Logistics functionality to support multiple lines of business and cross-functional needs for the business's entire family of companies.
- Analyze and document as-is and to-be processes, data and systems utilizing appropriate diagramming and documentation methodologies
- Elicit, communicate and manage requirements
- Working knowledge of business areas supported (transportation management, manufacturing, distribution, logistics, supply chain, etc.) to help identify and recommend system solutions
- Understand integration points between internal and external systems relevant to business processes and systems supported
- Understand and ensure that quality standards are met relevant to documentation and solution delivery - complete solution specifications and functional design documents, acceptance criteria in user stories and other forms of requirements documentation as needed
- Work with technical resources to deliver solutions, troubleshoot issues and identify opportunities for improvement, including error handling and monitoring
- Creation and execution of test plans and scripts in support of solution delivery
- Perform root cause analysis of issues and recommend resolutions
- Work with senior team members and business leads to prioritize work
- Clearly communicate work status to business leads, manager, and other stakeholders
- Work on project delivery and support once solutions are in production
- Identify tasks and resources necessary to engage in delivery of solutions
- Identify error handling required to monitor solutions
- Identify trends and exceptions in processes and make recommendations for course of action
- Other duties assigned as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 5 years directly related experience in an analyst or relevant business position
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Knowledge of SAP, specifically the WM or TM modules, preferred
- Critical thinking and root cause analysis
- Facilitation and communication skills, including ability to communicate according to audience
- Typical line of communication is at the peer level and to direct supervisor
- Ability to be flexible in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to work within resource and time constraints on multiple assignments
- Ability to manage 100 emails per day
- Ability to proficiently execute job responsibilities independently on numerous assignments of critical nature
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite of tools, including: Office, Visio, Project, Azure DevOps
Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision
- Requires occasional visits to warehouse and production facilities with exposure to loud noises
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.