This individual will build out and lead the overall financial management, accounting and reporting functions of the refinery.
- Responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating all accounting operational functions, including accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Report daily P&L/ report hedging activity in consolidated financials
- Leading cash management and debt compliance responsibilities
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Managing project accounting for all capital projects
- Ongoing financial performance monitoring
- Managing the annual budget process and monthly financial performance tracking relative to budget
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Implementing key efficiency initiatives, such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as needed, including research, planning and implementation
- Developing and monitoring financial performance metrics
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, including tax planning and compliance
- Hiring, training, and retaining skilled accounting staff
Requirements & Skills
- 8 years of accounting/industry experience
- Experience at a refinery or chemical processing plant
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, economics, finance or statistics
- MBA or MAcc preferred; CPA preferred
- Deep understanding of GAAP accounting practices and hedge accounting
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.