Our client is a billion dollar company enhancing the quality of life for Texans through water stewardship, energy and community service.
- At an expert level, leads or assists on accounting related projects and provides expertise in the areas of financial and acquisition accounting, cost management, activity management, process improvement, internal controls, management and financial reporting, and strategic planning.
- Supports and advises staff, manages projects, helps set goals and direction of department and advises management on impact of new accounting regulations on business operations and reports.
- This position requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets business issues and recommends best practices.
- Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects.
- Provides financial and managerial accounting assistance to business units (BU's) in support of activities, performance measurement and reporting. Performs detailed technical financial analysis and budget-to-actual analysis on an as needed basis.
- Analyzes existing processes and identifies opportunities for process improvement based on trends in process performance and a sound understanding of the business process.
- Develops and reviews financial policies and procedures, including technology and/or business process changes.
- Designs, produces and reviews financial, managerial and regulatory reports.
- Researches industry and accounting literature in order to stay abreast of emerging issues. This may include interpreting PUC rules, state and federal legislative bills, and new accounting standards. Communicates impact to executive management. Develops a plan and implements applicable changes by required deadline.
- Confirms accounting transactions and reports are in compliance with Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) standards.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or Bachelor's degree in business with 24 or more college credit accounting hours including intermediate accounting plus eight or more years' experience in accounting.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH34144