Location: Austin, TX
Our client, a global leader in the power generation space, is looking to add to their dynamic Accounting team by bringing on a Senior Accountant.
Senior Accountant Job Description:
- Reviews and/or prepares reconciliations and other periodic analysis of accounts, procedures and department practices; provides alternative recommendations; performs cost/benefit analysis to determine the most cost-effective solution.
- Prepares moderately to highly complex detailed schedules and work papers, journal entries and general ledger account and/or sub-ledger reconciliations and intercompany account reconciliations.
- Maintains the general ledger accounts.
- Reconciles sub ledgers to the general ledger. Identifies weaknesses in the interface and makes recommendations for corrective actions.
- Performs fluctuation analysis of financial statement variances, writes reports on findings and provides supporting documentation for conclusions reached. Prepares, and performs detailed review of, monthly financial statements and management reports. Prepares, and provides detailed review of, audited financial statements including footnotes.
- Reviews and finalizes journal entries prepared by other staff members that are within established guidelines for materiality, including monthly, quarterly and year-end accruals.
- Analyzes moderately complex business processes and solves problems identified and/or recommends changes to improve the process and/or internal controls. Provides accounting and accounting system consulting support for the implementation of process changes or new business activities related to accounting.
- Develops policies and procedures related to functional areas of responsibility.
- Conducts initial internal control evaluations. Implements approved process and control improvements and monitors results.
- Assists supervisor/management in coordinating the monthly and yearly closeout process, audits, financial and management reporting requirements, and audited financial statement preparation.
- Serves as department liaison with internal and external auditors.
- Assists with monitoring of internal accounting controls and company policies.
- Provides training and day-to-day guidance to other Accountants and administrative staff.
- Trains new staff members on processes and sub-systems with an emphasis on the underlying accounting principles.
Senior Accountant Job Requirements:
- Must have a Bachelors' Degree in either Accounting, Finance, Economics or a Business Related Function.
- CPA Certification is a strong preference.
- ERCOT and power generation experience is ideal.
Senior Accountant Benefits:
- An exceptional salary and benefits package.
- The opportunity to play a crucial part in the growth of an expanding organization.
Please be aware that for the position of Senior Accountant:
- Relocation will be provided for the right individual, however all applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH34105