Our client, a mid sized Operator within the Oil & Gas Industry, has a requirement for an experienced Engineering Manager with a focus on Petro-Chem / LNG Projects.
The role will be initially based near Houston, TX.
The Electrical Engineer will be an integral part of the Maintenance and Reliability Team and required to perform maintenance and troubleshooting activities on the operational facility.
The Electrical Engineer will work under the direction of the Maintenance Manager to ensure the safe and reliable operations of the equipment in the terminal. The complexity of the electrical power systems in both the LQF and PTF plants requires the availability of high level technical expertise on short notice to understand unfolding events, explain them to Operations and to maintenance personnel; and to supervise repairs and restarting problematic electrical equipment.
- Responsible for all static electrical equipment reliability - high voltage experience is a plus
- Learn operations of all facility processes and equipment
- Assist facility personnel with operational and maintenance problems
- Perform advanced equipment troubleshooting
- Evaluates electrical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs and can apply principles of electrical engineering
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods and testing properties
- Develops electrical and electromechanical products by studying customer requirements
- Researches and tests manufacturing and assembly methods and materials
- Confirms fabrication, assembly, and installation processes
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians
- Insure all regulatory requirements are met, regarding maintenance activities for electrical equipment
- Good analytical problem solving skills, including root cause analysis
- Assist in creating, updating, and maintaining Maintenance Procedures for electrical equipment
Experience / Education
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- 10 years experience in plant reliability engineering
- 5-7 years experience in planned and unplanned maintenance scheduling
- Knowledge and experience working with electrical harmonics, harmonic filters, and non-linear loads, High Voltage and Medium Voltage electrical power systems
- Knowledge and experience in the application and programming of protective relays, with focus on Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories equipment, illumination, methods, luminary types, & calculations, grounding, ground potential rise, & static bonding and the National Electrical Code
- Familiarity with NFPA 70E, Safety in Design, and Safety in the field
- Control Engineering with production planning, and job knowledge
- Ability to develop and lead the MOC process
- Strong general consulting and planning skills
- Experience in reading and understanding P&ID & PFD drawings and Instrument & Electrical drawings
- Understanding of Vendor/Equipment supplied data sheets
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30811