Embeddd Firmware Engineer
On behalf on my client, I would like to introduce the Embeddd Firmware Engineer role. This client is a full-service provider of Directional and Horizontal Drilling Services to the oil and gas industry.
Our client has established a reputation for technical expertise and invests heavily into technology and technology development to maintain that edge. We believe the key to success lies in the people we employ. Our unique culture, technical ability and management practices have resulted in controlled growth and minimal employee turnover.
About the Job
As an Embedded Firmware Engineer, you'll be a key contributor where your skills and input make a big difference. In this role you'll design embedded firmware supporting the client's technology, specifically Measurement While Drilling (MWD) systems. You'll work closely with project stakeholders and management to collaborate and solve real world problems, conduct root cause analysis, and address problems with innovative solutions.
We're looking for someone who cares deeply about their craft, someone who gets excited by tough technical challenges. Creativity, imagination, rapid execution and strong communication skills are critical to build new and exciting products. While we want to be scrappy and nimble in the right ways, long term technical vision, and continuous focus on engineering and operational excellence are essential for success in this role.
* Understand and design complex algorithms, including DSP.
* Develop and maintain firmware in C for embedded devices, using Code Composer Studio.
* Serve as a firmware liaison assisting in failure analysis and troubleshooting.
* Manage firmware updates and patches.
* Maintain legacy code, adding features and carrying out fault diagnostics.
* Write scripts and test code supporting hardware testing and qualification.
* Ensure firmware-software compatibility by interfacing with software development team.
* Participate in requirements gathering to produce requirements documents.
* Assist hardware team with component selections and circuit design.
* BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
* Minimum 2 years' experience with Embedded Systems (5 years desired).
* Extensive experience programming embedded microcontrollers using C.
* Experience with communication protocols: CAN, UART and I2C
* Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) - TI RTOS (BIOS) a plus.
* Knowledge of good software development practices.
* Experience with the TI TMS320C28x DSP family is a plus.
* Previous experience with HPHT designs is a plus.
* Python scripting experience is a plus
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Ref No: BBBH35563