Long Term Contract
The Network Architect will be responsible for management and maintenance of the companies' IT LAN/WAN network environment and potentially Rig Network and Industrial Networks. It will include the participation in and oversight of the daily upkeep and administration of the companies' network infrastructure. This position will also be responsible for the design, planning, implementation and maintenance of the companies' network infrastructure and architecture.
The Role in more detail
- Proactively monitor the IT network and Industrial network connectivity and work with various teams and vendors to resolve network issues promptly.
- Ensure Network standards, guidelines and procedures are compliant with frequent auditing.
- Review trend reports to evaluate where the bandwidth is being consumed and determine if rig bandwidth needs to be upgraded or eliminate unnecessary traffic.
- Investigate network outages, high latency, and high utilization. This person will be able to read and interpret network performance statistics and suggest solutions for higher bandwidth utilization.
- Ensure the security, integrity and compliance of the IT and Industrial Networks.
- Responsible for daily operations of network engineering maintenance task with a proactive approach in solving problems.
What our client is looking for:
- Electronic Technology / Electrical Engineering / Computer related degree preferred;
- 4 years network engineering with both routing and switching
- CCNP, CCDP, Network or equivalent (CCIE R&S Written and/or lab a plus)
- Strong Network Architecture background in IT networks
- Network Architecture experience with industrial control systems (a plus)
- Good design experience with wire run, switches and routers covering distances measured in 100s of feet with different media
- Understanding of Industrial Network technology (SCADA, Siemens, Rockwell Automation or ABB ICS) (a plus)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Understanding and troubleshooting network issues over VSAT and other WAN technologies
- Riverbed Steelhead administration and troubleshooting
- Ability to configure routers and switches to secure specifications within a repeatable engineering processes
- Be willing and able to be on call for emergencies
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH29855