Key responsibility/ tasks:
- Designing, building, testing and documenting software and web applications in Python
- Support formal testing and resolve test defects
- Create services and applications utilizing various programming languages
- Identify production and non-production application issues
- Support the Reservoir group on a day to day basis, identifying and optimizing in-house written software libraries
- Help on presentation logic and organization of job data
- Implement and develop new ways to visualize well data
Formal Qualifications & Experience:
- MSc or similar in computer science, engineering or a related field.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience implementing web services and APIs in Python.
- Good understanding of data formats and transfer technologies such as AJAX, JSON, XML and RESTful services.
- Experience with test-driven development and python testing frameworks/technologies.
- Some hands on experience with Linux operating systems, bash scripting, docker containers.
- Interest in continuous integration and version control
- Interest in hardware and optimisation of hardware/software bundling
- Experience in C/C is a plus
- Experience with scipy/numpy stack and especially Bokeh is a plus
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30423