Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as a part of a scrum team, contributing to the development of the product line
- Develop web applications
- Integrate web applications with backend services, including AWS hosted web-services, Lambdas, databases (relational and NoSQL), as well as Internet of Things transport mechanisms
- Interface with UX teams to deliver visually appealing and easily approachable web applications
- Troubleshoot and provide timely solutions to production issues
- Participate in team technical discussions, challenge ideas and present solutions and approaches to be considered by the team
- Participate and contribute in weekly Agile meetings, discuss and present work accomplished and provide constructive feedback to help improve the team
- Contribute to our evolving development environment through research, experiment with new technologies and attend conferences or courses. Educate your peers on what you have learned.
- Maintain and expand our suite of automated tests
- Implement security best practices and protections in our web applications and with our customer data
- Understand and contribute to the development of system architecture
Essential Job Requirements
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- 4 years of software development experience using industry-standard processes including some experience on complex and technically diverse projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Required Skills
- Proficiency in Python, Java, C/C /C#, or other back-end languages
- Understanding of React.js or similar web frameworks
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Experience with databases (relational and NoSQL)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript (i.e. ES6)
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g. Immutable.js)
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience with the Publish Subscribe pattern
- Knowledge of modern web authorization mechanisms
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
- Proficiency in Linux
- Experience in integration and unit testing
- Ability to work in a team or as an individual
- Preferred Skills and experience with the following:
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Experience with GraphQL-based APIs
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Experience working with hardware / Internet of Things device control systems
- Experience with Test Driven Development / Behavioral Driven Development
- Familiar with container technologies (Docker)
- Familiar with messaging protocols such as MQTT or AMQP
- Build automation / continuous integration / continuous delivery experience
- NoSQL database experience (MongoDB, DynamoDB, InfluxDB, etc)
- Working in cloud environments (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc)
- Agile/Scrum experience
● Competitive base salary compensation with performance based bonus opportunities.
● Excellent benefits package including company paid medical, dental and vision
● Company contribution of 3% to the 401(k) plan
● Access to on-site fitness room and yoga classes
If this sounds like Your , and you are seeking a dynamic work environment where you will join a talented group of imaginative and creative people, then we would like to hear from you. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH32969