Purpose of the Position:
Use engineering principles to provide efficient solutions to the development of processes and products. Work on all stages of a product, from research and development to design and manufacture, through to installation and final commissioning, also involved in the management of people and resources, as well as the development and use of new materials and technologies.
Essential job functions:
- Developing engineering design, BOM from conceptual stage to production stage
- Developing a project specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines.
- Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs. Responsible for completion of component and product design within time, financial and technical guidelines established with the detailed assistance and approval of the supervisor
- Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers.
- Making sure a product can be made again reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments.
- Managing projects using engineering principles and techniques.
- Producing details of specifications and outline designs.
- Recommending modifications following prototype test results.
- Using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modeling and computer-aided design.
- Considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints.
- Working with other professionals, within and outside the engineering specialism.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical drafting standards and best practices.
- Highly developed skills with Pro-E 3D modeling software, and intermediate skills with 2-D AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of FEA modeling is preferred but not a requirement
- Knowledge of engineering documentation, drafting, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing is preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of fabrication, sheet metal design and manufacturing processes.
- Experienced with defining, performing, and analyzing structures through Finite Element Analysis.
- Ability to use hand measuring equipment.
- Ability to work "hands-on" when required is highly desirable
- BSME degree and at least 4 years of applicable ME design experience; or a Masters Degree and 3 years experience.
- Highly competent with PC hardware and software such as MS Office.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30374