The ideal candidate will Develop and improve manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods in an industrial plant. Minimum of 4 years experience in sheet metal manufacturing and has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, assembly methods, work force utilization and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Benchmarks against key KPIs (on-time, on-budget, as specified) and creates new ones if needed.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results while working with other professionals, within and outside the engineering specialism.
- Develops and manages part and product redesign programs that will reduce manufacturing costs, improve manufacturability, process capabilities and process yields.
- Perform other duties as directed by management
- High level of PC skills and proficient with MS Office suite of tools.
- Needs to have a "hands-on" sheet metal manufacturing experience.
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Intermediate skills and experience with 2-D and 3-D CAD systems, such as AutoCAD and Pro-E.
- Basic expertise to identify and create qualitative or quantitative measures of success and failure of the processes.
- BS degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or similar with minimum of 4 years in sheet metal manufacturing. M.S. is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles, six sigma etc is highly desirable
Must be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30346