- Coordinating biostratigraphic technical analysis in Gulf of Mexico assets.
- Preparation of scopes of work and technical specifications.
- Quality Assurance of contractor led field operations and multidisciplinary biostratigraphic studies.
- Active participation in the appropriate technical networks and R&D programs.
- Delivery of safe and efficient development and renewal (exploration) wells, including wellsite services.
- Provision of support out of normal office hours for critical operational decisions.
- Collaboration with contractors to deliver high quality biostratigraphic data acquisition and interpretation at wellsite providing support to the New Wells Delivery (NWD) teams (teams supporting well planning and execution).
- Identification, mitigation, and communication of subsurface risks related to NWD (well planning and execution), as informed by integrated biostratigraphy.
- Responsibility for maintaining biostratigraphic databases.
- Minimum requirement of a relevant Master's Level Degree
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience in biostratigraphy; utilizing nannofossils, foraminifera and/or palynology.
- Operational experience in New Wells Delivery (well planning and execution) and well-site biostratigraphy.
- Advanced taxonomic skills from microscope experience in any of the core fossil disciplines (nannofossils, foraminifera, palynology).
- Industrial biostratigraphic experience in the Gulf of Mexico is highly desirable.
- International biostratigraphic experience is desirable.
- Experience of integrating broader geoscientific datasets (e.g., stratigraphic, depositional, petrophysical, geophysical etc.) to produce integrated stratigraphic products.
- Experience of working with multi-disciplinary subsurface teams.
- Digital skills in any of the following and/or other relevant areas: Stratabugs, IC, Petrel, Time Scale Creator, Data Science.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.