This is not a remote opportunity, it is a 6 month contract opportunity onsite with an upstream client.
JOB ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, implement, and manage active portfolio of drilling and completions contracts
- Collaborate with category managers across category spend profiles to help inform category strategies
- Collaborate with suppliers to gain insights into cost drivers, supply constraints, and surety of supply
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with business partners, keeping them fully informed of changes to specification/terms of service with a particular supplier/contractor
- Develop working relationships with defined strategic and core suppliers to gain insights into critical intelligence across the supplier's supply chain
- 8 years Strategic Sourcing, Contracting, and Category Management experience or equivalent primarily focused on Upstream Oil and Gas industry, with an emphasis on (offshore and onshore) Drilling and Completions.
- Strong commercial and negotiating skills
- Strong computer skills including SAP, Ariba, Power BI, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.
- Understanding of contract legal terms and conditions and various compensation models
- Knowledge of the Exploration and Production value chain
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Operations Management or a related field required
- MBA or additional certificate (CSCP, CPIM, et.) study preferred
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.