We are looking for a candidate with a solid technical background to make fit-for-purpose recommendations to business leaders. In addition, the successful candidate needs strong stakeholder management skills and can effectively communicate the technical outcomes using risks to ensure engineering risks are understood, controlled, and continuously reduced across the business to deliver safe and reliable operating results.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Delivering the regional floating systems and structural integrity management plans for supporting assets based on company guidance and industry codes, owning the asset floating systems and structural inspection, monitoring, and maintenance strategies determining the facility's current condition.
- Being the owner of the floating systems and structural performance standards of the supported facilities. Assessing whether, in its current condition, the facility meets the performance standards following company guidance and industry codes. Reporting significant deterioration in structural condition or any deviation from the performance standards through the company dashboard, emerging risk process, and risk assurance tool as appropriate.
- Driving efforts to ensure floating systems or metocean engineering risks are understood, controlled, and continuously reduced across the business to deliver safe and reliable operating results. Quantifying and effectively communicating risks to business and technical stakeholders.
- Ensuring design and operations follow industry codes and/or technical practices and performance standards, assessing the impact of significant changes in load (weight) or changes to operating conditions on the integrity of the assets.
- Being accountable for defining the floating systems and structural engineering scope of work for brownfield or greenfield projects and providing technical assurance for third-party engineering deliveries, maintaining relationships with third-party providers and contractors.
- Supporting agile working as part of an agile team or providing support to an agile team as required.
- Actively contributing to the floating system's Community of Practice and sharing best practices and learnings.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- Degree in civil/structural engineering, naval architecture, ocean engineering, or a closely aligned discipline.
- Chartered engineer, professional engineer, or near chartered/professional status in closely aligned discipline, or evidence of progression towards full chartered/professional status.
- Capable of communicating both verbally and in writing clearly and succinctly.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.