The Maintenance Supervisor (MS) will report to the Offshore Installation Manager (OIM) and provide a range of maintenance, operational, and technical-related support.
The Maintenance Supervisor is the single point of accountability for the delivery of offshore maintenance activities; key responsibilities include providing frontline management, support and mentoring of offshore Maintenance crews driving effective maintenance work process to deliver safe and reliable assets in the Gulf of Mexico. This individual is expected to demonstrate and support a strong Lean culture of continuous improvement to drive performance to new levels.
This position will be located Offshore in the Gulf of Mexico on a rotational basis (14/14).
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure facility is operated within all applicable government regulations, Environement, health and safety standards and procedures by performing routine worksite visits
- Manage control of work activities for both Maintenance core team and service contractors working for the Maintenance team, which includes:
- Perform the Permit Verifier role within the electronic Permit to Work system
- Perform the Isolation Verifier role within the electronic Permit to Work system
- Ensure quality JSAs are in place for permits issued by the Maintenance team
- Issue and maintain all Maintenance locks in the Equipment Owner Lock (EOL) cabinet
- Depending on the asset, the Maintenance Supervisor may manage control of work activities for the crane crew, fabric maintenance, construction, and integrity activities
- Set daily priorities for Maintenance team to achieve short and long-term objectives
- Responsible for schedule compliance, schedule variance, schedule capacity loading, and break-ins for the Maintenance Work Centers
- Responsible for technically completing all Maintenance work orders, ensuring the work order has been closed out correctly
- Assure that the Autonomous Maintenance inspections are executed by the Maintenance team, recognizing achievements and progress, removing barriers and identifying training needs
- Assist in long-term planning of Shutdowns, Turnarounds, and Outages (STO)
- Ensure maintenance procedures are followed, actively reviewed, red-lined and updated in a timely manner
- Identify opportunities to improve maintenance execution and equipment reliability, takes the lead in addressing these opportunities or by engaging the right resources
- Responsible to track and manage equipment run hours to target, based on aligned maintenance strategies for critical equipment
- Manage and coach Maintenance Crafts with daily work activities to improve safety, quality, delivery, and cost
- Troubleshoot equipment failures to prevent recurrence
- Assist in the management of the critical equipment lists, and other improvement initiatives
- Develop annual Maintenance budget and perform monthly forecasting, including:
- Planned preventative maintenance tasks
- Predicted corrective maintenance based upon historical failure rates and monitor year-to-date spend
Knowledge and Skills:
- Environment, health, safety process system experience (Permit to work, risk assessment, hazardous operations [HAZOP], hazardous identification [HAZID] and Pre-Startup Safety and Environmental Review [PSSER])
- Knowledge of barrier management and models such as the bowtie diagram and swiss cheese model
- Integrity and risk-based inspection program awareness is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a diverse, multidiscipline, team-oriented environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Leadership, coaching and influencing skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Industry codes, regulations, and best practices
- Fundamental knowledge of principles of financial budgeting and capital management
- Knowledge and experience in Lean principles, behaviors, and tools
- Good working knowledge of SAP, SempCheck, Primavera, Permit to Work, and MOC systems
- Proficient computer skills with the Microsoft 365 suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- 10 years industry experience
- 5 years in a supervisory position desirable
- Experience working offshore deepwater desirable
- Experience with maintenance of rotating equipment, including turbines, generators, and centrifugal pumps
- Experience in RCA / FMEA
Education, Training & Certifications
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Production Safety Systems training (T-2)
- Managing Major Emergencies (MEM)
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.