- The role assures minimum impact on the facility operations and demonstrates good environmental stewardship in order to assist with the delivery of production targets, and maintain compliance
- Participating in root-cause failure investigations as required to prevent recurrence and help identify trigger events as failure cause
- Working with the Logistic Specialist (LS), Planner and Material Coordinator to assure information is correct in the work orders (e.g., the correct parts are available, and the work capacities are correct)
- Assuring quality work order close-out with necessary attachments, pictures and long text updates for completed work
- Preparing process equipment for maintenance by applying isolations/venting in accordance with policies and procedures
- Comply with the Bureau Safety Environmental Enforcement (BSEE) and United States Coast Guard (USCG) regulations
- Review, understand and utilize the offshore Safe Practices Manual to identify the hazard risk assessment level
- Identify Sources of Energy and all hazards associated with them
- Put controls in place to eliminate or mitigate the hazards associated with work tasks
- Perform the duties of a Permit Issuer (PI) or a Permit Holder (PH) in compliance with Permit to Work system and according to competency level
- Perform day-to-day management of operational priorities, taking direct instruction from the Operation Lead and Process Specialist for maintaining integrity of the facilities and production optimization
- Monitor and adjust production and injection well flow and pressure of the separation vessels, produced water handling, crude oil-to-export, gas compression, dehydration and oil/gas distribution
- Monitor and record key operational parameters at prescribe intervals on operator reading sheets, reporting any anomalies to the Control Room Operator (CRO) in a timely manner
- Operating, monitoring and adjusting production, utility, safety and control systems and equipment which includes: Wells process (e.g., risers, manifolds, flowlines, umbilicals, flow assurance/chemical injection and pigging), Seawater systems (e.g., lift, injection, filtration and cooling medium), Produced water systems, Heat medium and power systems (e.g., turbine generators and Waste Heat Recovery Units), Safety systems (e.g., fire/gas detection, firefighting, lifesaving, process control and process safety), Support equipment (e.g., rotating equipment, process field devices and packaged ancillary equipment)
- Conduct sampling for process operations, compliant with training and procedures
- Provide operations input to projects and turnaround (TAR) preparation as required
- Informing the OL or SRO of any maintenance activities that could potentially have a negative impact on reliability
- Having an awareness of and challenging all maintenance and consumable costs incurred within the Operations teams' production activities
- Maintaining full engagement and compliance with autonomous maintenance
- Ensure the technical integrity of instrument equipment and maintenance standards
- Comply with the responsibilities assigned as defined in the Emergency Response Plan (ERP)
- 5 years of experience in a chemical/refinery environment
- Knowledge of offshore projects
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.