- Perform chemical engineering work.
- R&D of new elastomer technologies
- Create engineering reports documenting design efforts, results, and validation
- Work with operations to identify product or process improvements
- Design and/or implement elastomer for sealing devices
- Operate lab equipment as needed (mixer, tensiometer, DSC, MDR, RPA, etc.)
- Formulate elastomer compounds for various products to meet customer and internal requirements within budget and schedule constraints
- Create/Revise bills of materials, process control sheets and other documents for sealing devices
- Perform validation and verification of designs and elastomer formulations in accordance with established industry standards and engineering best practices
- Prepare chemical analysis, compatibility studies, and other testing of nonmetallic seals
- Analyze design reliability, serviceability, and manufacturability of sealing devices
- Provide support to other departments such as Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Customer Service, Project Engineering, and Project Management
- Collaborate with drafters/designers on design tasks. Function as lead on tasks of high complexity
- Cooperate with other engineers on detailed design work
- Perform engineering duties at customer sites, or offshore when required
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- PhD in Polymer Engineering or Polymer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10 years of oil and gas experience preferred.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.