This opportunity is located in Ingleside, TX
- Develop cost profiles in alignment with the Schedule.
- Phased Budgets to Finance; report on variances to this Cost Baseline.
- Interface and establish a relationship with contractor cost control team; work with contractor cost controller(s) to establish accurate and efficient project reporting and KPI's.
- Review and analyze contractor cost reports to assess performance and forecast impacts
- Evaluate proposed change orders; analyze/challenge legitimacy and accuracy of proposed cost impacts.
- Raise Purchase Requisitions and manage PO's.
- Assess incurred costs for various contract types considering money expended, the value of work done, earned value, rules of credit, progress between milestones, etc.
- Convert to CAD Equivalent at Project FX Rates. Monitor FX impacts to support required Budget Changes (re. FX Allowance).
- Publish monthly Cost Reports based on prescribed templates
- Drive the Cost Control function utilizing the defined WWRP Cost Control Procedure, Work Instructions, and systems (i.e. SAP, CMS, MS Excel).
- Support the Change Management Procedure in consultation with the Change Management Coordinator.
- Support estimating exercises in consultation with the Estimating Team
- Coordinate with the Cost Control Manager in supporting internal/external requirements/requests from various stakeholders (e.g. senior leadership, partners, Finance, SCM, etc.) Deliverable examples include the Program Cost Report, Annual Budget/Long Range Plan updates, AFE Supplements, SCM Contract Reports, materials for ad-hoc presentations/reviews with senior leadership and partners, etc
- Attend meetings with the Project Management Team, contractors, senior leadership, and partners to support discussions related to the responsibilities above
- Cost Report Analysis; Change Order Evaluation; Purchase Requisitions / PO Mgmt.
- Maintenance of files and registers to support deliverables above.
- Incurred Cost valuation, Accrual Development.
- Bachelor of Engineering or Business
- 10 years relevant Cost Control project experience
- Professional Engineer or CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant)
- Project Management Professional - PMP or Equivalent
- AACEI Certification - CCP, CCT
- Experience working in Topsides fabrication projects
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.