PROJECT ENGINEER Location: Houston, Texas.
Petroplan is partnering with a provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas, supporting the global demand for North American natural gas. They are currently seeking an Project Engineer to join the team in Houston, Texas.
- Act as the primary point of contact for technical issues and coordination between EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction) teams and owner-furnished equipment suppliers. Collaborate with home office engineering to resolve technical challenges that cannot be addressed at the project site.
- Contribute to our project's safety program by conducting safety walks, attending safety reviews, and providing valuable input on designs, procedures, and activities.
- Oversee the Request for Information (RFI) process related to liquefaction scope between EPC and Owner Furnished Equipment suppliers.
- Manage the RFI process pertaining to the power island between EPC and Owner Furnished Equipment suppliers.
- Review drawings issued by EPC and equipment suppliers.
- Identify quality issues associated with subpar workmanship or non-conforming materials. Collaborate closely with the construction team to ensure that contractors maintain the requisite work quality in alignment with project drawings and specifications.
- Research code-related issues and secure necessary approvals with subject matter experts.
- Attend kick-off and review meetings while actively engaging with EPC Contractors.
- Support the systems completion process, including the completion of Installation Test Reports (ITRs) and Pre-Liquification Inspection (PLI) processes. Ensure that punch list items are prepared, compiled, and addressed promptly.
- Provide support for commissioning activities concerning liquefaction systems, ensuring system readiness and prerequisite completion while coordinating necessary interfaces.
- Support the management of change processes.
- Review installation plans, documents, and specific requirements within your area of responsibility. Clearly communicate these requirements to the construction team. Actively endorse constructability programs and report constructability issues to discipline engineers.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of industry standards, relevant regulatory codes and requirements, and company standards.
- Contribute to the development and review of turnover dossiers.
- Attend project progress meetings and provide updates on site engineering activities.
- Cultivate relationships with contractor project engineering counterparts.
- Grasp contractual requirements and effectively convey them to the team.
- Actively support safety, quality, schedule, and cost objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in design, construction, or operation of petrochemical infrastructure, electrical power distribution systems, and power generation equipment. Experience representing asset owners in these roles is advantageous.
- A strong foundation in general engineering, including mechanical, electrical, and I&C (Instrumentation and Control).
- An aptitude for collaborative teamwork with a global team that spans diverse cultures.
- Experience working on projects involving multiple interfaces.
- Flexibility to travel domestically.
- Strong ownership mindset, demonstrating a commitment to delivering results.
- Experience with cryogenic or liquefaction systems is a positive attribute.
- Experience with systems completion, commissioning, or turnaround activities is a valuable addition.
- Proficiency in reading detailed construction drawings and specifications, including system designs, P&IDs, and one-line diagrams.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.