We are currently recruiting for a project scheduler with experience in developing integrated project schedules using Primavera P6 to support our project team and portfolio of small, medium and large projects and turnarounds. The ideal candidate will have experience in the Oil & Gas industry, specifically experience working on Engineering, Procurement and Construction projects for an Owner/Operator.
The Project Scheduler is responsible for the development and maintenance of projects & outage schedules using P6, progress tracking/forecasting, scheduling reports and analysis, monitor and analysis of contractor schedules, providing support and assistance to the client team to maximize visibility of schedule status and progress. Role is based in Quintana TX with the flexibility to travel to HQ Houston, TX.
- Transportation Worker Identification Card
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Monitor and analyze Contractor schedules
- Prepare progress tracking and KPI weekly reports
- Develop project specific critical path milestones
- Develop and maintain owners scope level 2 program schedule
- Prepare the Work Breakdown and Project Coding Structures for control and integrity of work to be performed as defined by the contract
- Develop scheduling procedures, execution plan, and plan progress and tracking for a project
- Participate in weekly project schedule reviews & meetings
- Monitor and track scope and schedule change control
- Ensures the development and completion of job progress milestones through scheduling
- Assist in the Development and approval of contractor baseline schedules
- Provides schedule analysis on critical path and critical activities to complete?
- Under general direction, uses specialized knowledge or skills to solve complex and unique problems, or direct the daily activities of a business, technical support, or functional support within project controls
- Ensure that required contract project controls deliverable and guidelines are appropriately implemented and maintained
- Ensures the credibility of the information contained in the project schedule.
- Assists with the preparation of project time and/or cost claims.
- Monitors and updates schedule progress toward achieving the desired project completion date and informing management team of changes to schedule outcome.
- Prepares and provides schedule progress reports, trending charts, and schedule analysis and re-ports forecasts for all significant project activities. Analyzes the effects to the critical path activities; identifies changes to the project that affect the schedule and develops the recovery schedules and alternate courses of action.
- Promotes an atmosphere conducive to the open exchange of new ideas, and alternatives to orthodox approaches.
- Ability to work on multiple projects as once.
- Ability to work in a 'team' and/or 'matrixed' structure, supporting multiple clients.
- Flexibility & the ability to work with shifting priorities; embrace new/evolving responsibilities.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.