Site Quality Lead will be a part of oversight and monitoring of the Project Quality Plan and related inspection activities performed by the Contractor to ensure that all project specifications and quality requirements are being met.
The position is responsible for leadership of the quality inspectors and strategically monitoring site construction activities to verify compliance to project specifications and regulatory compliance. The candidate will be focused on continuous improvement opportunities and provide guidance to the site team, contractor, and management on quality management.
- Ensure contractor and their subcontractors implement the approved quality systems and procedures to meet Company expectations and contract requirements
- Perform inspection and verification of both in-process and completed work activities, witnessing testing performed by the contractor and their subcontractors, and review of documentation
- Perform inspections and verify work is in compliance with project drawings, specifications, and applicable codes including regulatory requirements.
- The individual will be required to complete daily inspection reports/checklists and maintain records.
- Additional duties will include performing and directing the site team to conduct assurance and verification, examples (Material Control and storage, Personnel Qualification, quality reports and witness testing, Dimensional Control, welding fabrication, coatings, electrical and instrumentation, and trackability and record-keeping.)
- The individual in this position will exhibit the following organizational competencies: Safely drives results, enables agility, communicates with impact, fosters collaboration.
- The individual is self-motivated to ensure the timely completion of project requirements.
- Ability to conduct audits and inspections, in addition to conducting and reviewing the quality of incident investigations.
- Possess excellent computer skills and am proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of quality management systems and project codes/standards as applicable to offshore topsides construction requirements.
- Post-secondary education in the field of engineering or engineering technology as it relates to mechanical and steel fabrication.
- Certification in welding inspection from a recognized organization.
- Knowledge of quality management systems including auditing and continuous improvement processes.
- Extensive knowledge and working understanding of the various codes and standards used for offshore Canadian steel fabrication and design.
- 10-15 years experience in offshore construction or heavy steel fabrication.
- Experience working in the US is an asset.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.