- Proficiency in low and medium voltage power distribution design.
- Successful candidate will also be skilled in protective relaying, motor control systems, area classification specifications, electrical equipment sizing and PLCs.
- Familiarity with electrical safety and code compliance requirements.
- Responsibilities encompass the preparation of important electrical documentation, including area classifications, single line diagrams, fugitive emissions studies, and load lists.
- Contribute electrical expertise to detailed project documents such as the scope of work, design basis document, and project execution plan.
- Develop electrical designs for projects or proposals.
- Establish detailed engineering design criteria.
- Evaluate designs from equipment vendors or subcontractors.
- Oversee the work of team members to maintain design consistency and integrity.
- Ensure the accuracy and verification of discipline-specific deliverables.
- Lead the development of electrical material take-offs (MTOs) and labor estimates.
- Collaborate on electrical aspects within the project, coordinating with other relevant disciplines.
- Provide input for project schedules and estimates of engineering man-hours.
- Create or assess electrical single line diagrams, wiring diagrams, and schematics.
- Develop and assess specifications for electrical equipment and construction.
- Handle engineering tasks related to procurement, including MRQ/MRP development, technical evaluations, and vendor drawing approvals.
- Participate in engineering development for Construction Work Packages, including project descriptions, construction specifications, IFC (Issued for Construction) drawings, and material lists.
- Offer engineering support during construction, including field engineering, inspections, and conducting special studies.
Education and Qualifications
- 4 years of electrical oil and gas experience. Must have EPCM background.
- Experience in Oil & Gas facility projects including some of the following areas: heavy oil facilities, well tie-ins, pipelines, compressor stations, and field gas processing facilities.
- Experience with various electrical codes and standards (CSA, IEEE, API)
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.