Work schedule: This position requires on site work in office. The manager would like the person to start off working full time from the office. After the individual has established himself/herself as a strong performer, then we can consider a hybrid schedule with 1 or 2 days being remote.
Interview Process: MS Teams with video
We are an energy industry leader that is engaged in the worldwide exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas. We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Data Specialist to work in our Houston, TX office and support the company's GHG reporting requirements. The focus of the position includes creating tools and processes to assist in QA/QC and reporting of GHG data and related inputs. This position will be part of a small central team supporting the assets. The position requires the ability to prioritize work and exercise analytical and problem solving skills in addition to working independently.
· Work in a fast paced environment building tools and dashboards to support teams in GHG and related data monitoring and QA/QC
· Identify and implement process improvements related to existing workflows and database management practices
· Design new tools/databases/solutions and maintain/enhance/troubleshoot existing tools/databases used by teams to execute various business practices and requirements related to GHG and related data
· Serve as Spotfire/Alteryx/dB query mentor and provide application support to technical staff as necessary
· Compile and manipulate drilling, completions, subsurface, production and facilities data from a variety of sources to assist with technical analysis and benchmarking
· Employ Spotfire, Microsoft, software suites and other industry software(s) to create GHG and operational performance variance tracking reports for engineering and management staff
· Initiate customized forms, analysis, presentations and reports as required
· Work with multiple teams to collect, organize, proof and update GHG and other related data
· Build effective networks within our business processes and applications
· Support integrated teams across all asset teams, operations functions, and Corporate HES&S
· Education: Bachelor Degree
· Good knowledge of SAP PM, ProCount, Daily Drilling and Completions Reporting systems, Essential/Sphera
· Experience in performance tracking
· Skilled at database queries (Alteryx, SQL, Excel, Spotfire), links and data management - to extract, manipulate, correct and analyze date extracting, manipulating, correcting and analyzing data
· Can work with minimum supervision, self-motivated with independent thinking and judgement
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, teamwork, analytical skills, strong organization, self-planning and management of tasks
· Ability to effectively communicate with engineers, field personnel, planning, and other teams internal and external to Marathon Oil
· Minimum 4 years of experience supporting multi-disciplinary teams in a technical capacity - Oil and gas industry preferred
· Very good knowledge and experience with Wellview and Spotfire * SQL Query, SAP, GIS
· Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.