Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
Senior Electrical Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
To lead the Electrical Engineering team in support of design and engineering work. Self motivated individuals with a desire to solve complex engineering problems, show effective team leadership and communication skills will be ideally suitable for this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have a strong commitment to safety both in the field and in design
- Manage projects within budget and time constraints.
- Preparation of Specifications and Contract Documentation.
- Prepare electrical design and calculations in accordance with the relevant Canadian Standards and client preferences.
- Provide construction management support for clients as required.
- Check the electrical layout designs, quality of engineering documentation and installation, conduct analysis needed.
- Liaise with clients, vendors, engineers, and other disciplines.
- Keep to agreed schedules and budgets for all deliverables.
- Participate in the professional development of less experienced members of the department/team.
- 8 years of experience on low, medium and high voltage power distribution for all phases of a project including conceptual, preliminary, and detailed design
- Develop power system studies including load flow, voltage drop, short circuit and protective device coordination, arc flash and label creation, and transient analysis using ETAP and SKM.
- Strong knowledge on the development of the following deliverables:
- MV and LV power systems
- Single line diagrams, schematics, interconnection and wiring diagram
- Layouts - lighting and grounding, cable routing design
- Substation and MCC design
- Area classification per code requirements
- HVAC, Ventilation, and Fire Alarm/control system Experience
- Motor and electrical load lists, panel schedules
- Develop electrical equipment requisitions, review vendor drawings, and factory acceptance test
- Prepare Specifications and Contract Documentation.
- Prepare electrical design and calculations in accordance with the relevant Codes / Standards and Customer preferences.
- Working knowledge of applicable codes, standards, regulations, and practices
- PE license is a plus
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.