Senior Electrical Engineer - Cypress, Texas - Hybrid
Petroplan is partnering with a client to hire a Senior Electrical Engineer who will be responsible for the design, analysis, and documentation of electrical systems for power generation, power distribution, and chemical processing equipment as needed. Duties can involve some on-site commissioning and troubleshooting work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and review of medium/low voltage electrical power generation and distribution systems
- Preparation of electrical documentation including Short Circuit, Arc Flash and Coordination, Power System, Grounding, Load Flow, Harmonics, and Transient studies using SKM software
- Preparation of other documentation including area classifications, drawings and reports, fugitive emissions studies, single line diagrams, and electrical BOMs as well as reports associated with electrical system studies
- Develop and maintain technical documentation related to electrical systems
- Provide engineering support to other departments as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with medium voltage distribution system design (to include distribution line design)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with medium voltage power generation system design
- Minimum of 5 years of experience performing electrical studies with SKM
- Thorough knowledge of applications, electrical codes, and standards (IEEE, NEC, NFPA, API, etc.)
- Experience with Digital Multifunction Relays
- Experience with Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories' relays (SEL Relays)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to learn new technologies and skills
- Willingness to learn and adapt to changing technologies and industry practices
- Valid driver's license
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- Experience with electrical systems design in the oil and gas and/or mining industries
- Experience in the installation, operation, or troubleshooting of industrial automation equipment
- Knowledge of Embedded C, Structured Text, Function Block, and PLC programming practices
- Experience with Power Generation Controls and Automation
Location: Mostly in Cypress, TX (Houston) 25% travel.
Sponsorship: Must be US Citizen
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.