Petroplan is seeking a Senior Manager for our clients Marine Operations team to provide oversight and expertise in marine terminal operations. In this role, you will closely collaborate with LNG terminal marine operations teams, offering subject matter expert guidance and support in contract development, inspections, and LNG tanker operations. Additionally, you will be responsible for ensuring compliance with federal, local, and international regulations, as well as internationally recognized guidelines and best practices, to stay ahead of upcoming changes. This role also includes supporting the marine assurance team and the clearance of nominated LNG tankers.
This position reports directly to the clients Director of Marine Operations and is based in Houston, Texas, with frequent travel to our clients LNG facilities. The future outlook for this role includes the potential for one or more direct reports.
Education and Certifications:
- A Bachelor's or Associate Degree in Engineering, Marine Class 1, or a relevant technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
- A PTEC degree is preferred, or relevant process experience.
- Proficiency in computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Optimoor and MIS Mainstay is a plus.
- Support the marine assurance team with extensive knowledge and experience, including vetting, terminal compatibility, and mooring analysis.
- Provide expert advice on the development of a vessel database to store records related to each vessel.
- Provide strategic marine support to the organization, offering expert advice, support, and problem-solving based on industry best practices, reasonable care standards, and due diligence models.
- Collaborate with LNG terminals on a daily basis, providing expert advice, support, and oversight on terminal operations.
- Work closely with Marine Supervisors at each terminal to optimize marine operations, minimizing downtime and maximizing berth availability.
- Enhance existing marine operations and streamline and standardize operations across the organization.
- Assist in the development and execution of marine terminal contracts, providing support to the terminal and vendors.
- Develop and implement Marine Operations procedures and policies.
- Collaborate with marine personnel to ensure safe, reliable, cost-effective, and environmentally responsible cargo transfer operations.
- Conduct audits of cargo and marine terminal paperwork, identifying areas for improvement and implementing mitigation and training measures where necessary.
- Collaborate with the Commercial Operations team to schedule LNG tankers, providing oversight on marine operations.
- Work with the Director of Marine Operations to ensure the completion of tasks related to "Ready for Operations."
Future Project Development
- Offer operational expertise and support throughout project development.
- Ensure policy consistency and focus on performance measurement and business improvement,
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in marine and terminal operations.
- Experience with LNG or other cryogenic hydrocarbon liquids and associated systems. Petrochemical operational experience may also be considered.
- Experience in commissioning and startup is advantageous.
- Understanding of commercial operations and their relationship with the marine terminal.
- Experience in developing and managing multiple terminals.
- Experience working with third-party marine operations, including pilotage, tugs, line handling, and more.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and with diverse groups.
- Organized and capable of managing multiple activities and programs with a high degree of accuracy, meeting work deadlines.
- Strong leadership and administrative abilities are required.
- A keen sensitivity to safety in a hazardous environment.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.