Senior Engineer, Process
Location: Houston, Texas
Petroplan Staffing and Recruiting, a leading company focused on providing staffing solutions in the oil and gas industry, is seeking a Senior Engineer, Process to join our team in Houston, Texas. This role will be responsible for supporting the Calcasieu Pass Facility, reporting to the Manager, Process Engineering. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in reviewing process design and operations engineering functions to meet the project's objectives, delivered by the EPC and external consultants.
- Support the development and progression of the Ready for Operations (RFO) schedule to transition the facility from EPC to the operations phase.
- Provide daily support to plant Production personnel in troubleshooting process issues and concerns, integrating fundamental principles of fluid flow, heat transfer, thermodynamics, and hydrocarbon process chemistry.
- Develop and utilize Process Monitoring tools that monitor process efficiency and make improvement recommendations to enhance production and efficiency performance.
- Develop comprehensive Operations and Engineering procedures to support new and enhanced as well as special operating modes of the Calcasieu Pass facility.
- Provide Process Engineering support for plant shutdowns/turnarounds.
- Perform economic evaluations of equipment alternatives with an emphasis on availability, reliability projections, and life cycle costs.
- Support process improvement studies, performance optimization, incident investigations, economic evaluations, technical audits, and safety studies.
- Development of process simulations for process units, updates, and modifications of process simulation models.
- Education and Certifications: Minimum Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Experience: A minimum of five to ten (5-10) years of experience working in an engineering capacity in an industrial setting in engineering or operations.
- Oil and Gas experience is required, with preference in LNG applications, however, petrochemical, NGL, cryogenic natural gas processing, or other hydrocarbon processing experience may be acceptable.
- Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in key aspects of process engineering from conceptual design, economics, detailed engineering, plant startup, operations, and troubleshooting.
- Commissioning, start-up, and performance testing at project sites is a plus.
- Strong understanding of key equipment involved in LNG liquefaction facilities.
- Possess effective computer skills; Microsoft Office software, and discipline-specific software applications such as HYSYS and Aspen Plus.
- Skilled in the application of relevant major design codes and standards.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.