The Project Engineer reports directly to the Engineering Manager and manages small projects within the Freeport LNG Operations team. Responsibilities will include preparing, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring the assigned engineering projects. Monitoring compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.
The project engineer, should have the ability to work with multiple discipline projects and demonstrate excellent project management and supervision skills. You should also have excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.
This position is based at the Quintana LQF Facility with some travel to off-site locations as required. This position requires the incumbent to hold a valid, unexpired driver license at all times in order to perform the essential functions of the job.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Work with multiple discipline projects and demonstrate excellent project management and supervision skills.
- Provide excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills across interdiciplinary teams.
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor assigned engineering projects.
- Formulate project parameters, assign responsibilities to the most capable employees and monitor the project team.
- Performs quality control tasks on budgets, schedules, plans, and personnel performance and reports on the project's status.
- Cooperate and communicate with the project participants.
- Collaborate with senior engineers to create more efficient project methods and to maintain the project's profitability.
- Review the engineering tasks and initiate the necessary corrective actions.
- Develop specifications for the project's needed equipment.
- Create frameworks to measure the project's metrics and data collection.
- Ensure the project's compliance with the applicable codes, practices, policies, performance standards, and specifications.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Operates in a professional office environment within or outside of an industrial plant environment.
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers w/scanner and fax, and filing cabinets.
- Must be able to wear all necessary PPE equipment to perform job functions.
- Possible exposure to indoor and outdoor weather conditions.
- Possible exposure to moving mechanical parts and electrical circuits.
- Possible exposure to constant, or intermittent sounds of a pitch level sufficient to cause marked distraction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. as required in order to lift files, boxes and office equipment as necessary.
- Ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending, standing on a stool, or climbing as necessary to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this role, the incumbent may be required to talk or hear.
- The incumbent is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to drive to other Company work locations as required.
- Ability to move throughout all areas of each office/site location and facilities.
- Stand and/or sit continuously and perform job functions for a full shift.
- Visual acuity corrected to perform job functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to enter confined spaces.
- May be required to work at elevated heights.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
- Transportation Worker Identification Card
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
HSE Roles and Responsibilities
Support the policies, efforts, and programs of Freeport LNG Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management System. Actively participate in the HSE Management System Policies. Ensure that HSE concerns are given priority in all activities completed within their area of responsibility. Implement routine inspections to ensure safe operating conditions.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.