Senior Supply Chain Specialist
The Senior Supply Chain Specialist reports to the Vice President, Supply Chain and implements procurement strategies and activities to mitigate risk, in alignment with production operations objectives--i.e., budget, schedule, quality, cost, etc. The incumbent ensures effective communications with production operations, engineering, and functional teams.
- Follows all safety, environmental and company policies and procedures discussed in the Surge Energy Management System; actively participates in the Field Site Card and Facility Assessment program.
- Develops the appropriate sourcing and commercial strategy in collaboration with the category management team and oversees the procurement for all field operations materials and equipment.
- Coordinates with internal stakeholders to ensure that all project timelines are met, material purchases are processed in line with the schedule, risk is mitigated in relation to the purchasing schedule and lead time are optimized.
- Provides timely information to Engineering, Operations, Construction, Maintenance and Electrical Infrastructure teams of any supplier or procurement activity that impacts the schedules, either realizing opportunity or indicating a potential risk.
- On selected high risk or critical materials or equipment, the incumbent is the central point of contact with suppliers to ensures alignment with work programs.
- Coordinates the formal inspection process supplied in writing and requested by Engineering and Operations for material such as process vessels.
- Develops, builds and maintains relationships with major equipment suppliers and vendors to insure the shortest long lead times and to perform routine site visits to the fabricator and supply company yards to do inspections.
- Manages any procurement related claims on behalf of the field operations team.
- Communicates/reports progress of procurement activities to appropriate stakeholders.
- Conducts regular audits of inventory to ensure accuracy and identify any discrepancies.
- Implements and maintains inventory management systems to optimize inventory levels and streamline processes.
- Manages office or warehouse construction projects, as needed.
- Work with Accounting to reduce identified reporting gaps and provide solutions with regard to Accounting identified issues.
- Work with the E.Maint software to understand inventory tracking and help develop digital solutions to integrate information with the least amount of manual entry.
- Ensure there is a process for material receiving in the field and at the office.
- Make sure the storage of material in the yard has an identified owner responsible for the preservation and proper storage.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Advanced skill level of supply chain for procurement of upstream oil and gas equipment and materials.
- Ability to understand, communicate and monitor various supply chain, procurement, control points, activities, and processes to minimize risk.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects, schedule purchases and deliveries of equipment such as horizontal/vertical heater treaters, horizontal/vertical production separators, tanks and gun barrels, gas compressors, water transfer pumps, pumping units and downhole equipment.
- Knowledgeable of logistics such as trucking and crane services for loading/unloading equipment; ensures tracking the delivery of material from manufacturer to the requestor's prescribed destination and actively communicates such as required.
- Knowledgeable of facility construction, pipeline installation and downhole workover operations.
- Ability to work effectively with cross?functional teams (engineering, production operations, accounting, etc.) and individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Must have good written, verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Strong foundation for working with utmost integrity and ethical behaviors consistent with Surge's Code of Business Conduct, while staying in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Competent with Microsoft Office products, Excel, Word, ERP inventory software and other database programs.
- B.S. or B.A. degree in business, engineering or related function
- Minimum 10-15 years of upstream oil and gas experience with extensive knowledge of production equipment design and operation, as well as downhole tubular and pumping equipment
- 5-10 years of experience in the procurement/purchasing function
- Preferred candidate will have experience as an individual contributor or lead in Oil and Gas Production Operations.
- Plans & aligns.
- Action oriented.
- Manages complexity.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Balances stakeholders
- Customer focus
- Builds networks.
- Strategic mindset
Works with office equipment for the majority of time. Operates a company vehicle (i.e., company truck) to commute to/from assigned office location and for field work site visits to inspect equipment, including heavy equipment, in the performance of the role.
Works in a controlled office environment for the majority of time; periodically, works in the field which involves exposure to moderate risk of accident and requires following basic safety precautions.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.