About: Our client is seeking a full-time Sr. Process Engineer to support long-term operations for an LNG facility located in South Texas. The position will require work from Houston during early job phases before transitioning to Brownville, Texas prior to commissioning and startup.
Education: B.S. or higher in Chemical Engineering
- 10 years of process engineering
- 5 years in LNG plant design and/or operations
- Demonstrated proficiency with HYSYS and/or other equilibrium heat and material balance software
- APCI liquefaction facility design and operations experience
- Knowledge of applicable US-based LNG facility codes, standards, and regulations
- Demonstrated experience with the Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. (APCI) Propane Precooled Mixed Refrigerant Process (C3MR)
- Substantial experience with acid gas removal systems, molecular sieve dehydration, mercury removal beds, hydrocarbon fractionation, and refrigerant systems.
- Significant experience with LNG facility storage and loading systems.
- Experience with Process Safety Management (PSM) and Management of Change (MOC) processes.
- Experience with Hazard Identification studies (HAZIDs), Process Hazards Analyses (PHAs), and Hazard and Operability studies (HAZOPs).
- Supervise and mentor the Process Engineering team to support day-to-day plant operations and optimize plant performance for maximum production and efficiency.
- Supervise, and quality check the development of equilibrium, non-equilibrium, and dynamic simulations and associated heat and material balances.
- Ensure Key Process Indicators (KPIs) for process unit operations are monitored, including fouling, freezing in process equipment, thermal efficiency, etc.
- Participate in PHA/HAZOP/LOPA and Safety Case study reviews.
- Define Safe Operating Envelopes (SOE) for process equipment and assist with identifying and managing Safety Critical Elements (SCEs).
- Provide process engineering support for intercompany teams, such as Operations, Maintenance, Process Control, Reliability, Quality, Process Safety Management (PSM), Management of Change (MOC), Document Control, and Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE), etc.
- Serve as Technical Authority (TA) for process engineering functions.
**Must be willing to live and work in Brownsville, Texas during duration of the project
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.