Our client is establishing a Gulf of Mexico Development organization to further integrate and deliver the Development strategy. This team will drive project delivery from pre-development through operation, align all stakeholders across the asset life cycle, and enable value by unlocking development opportunities through an integrated and predictable delivery model.
The SURF Lead will report functionally to the SURF Developments Manager and administratively to the Facilities Developments Manager.
Lead the Subsea, Umbilical, Riser and Flowline (SURF) design, integration, and delivery scopes for tieback project(s). Lead subsea project team(s) of internal Contractors in the management of the project(s) subsea scopes and provide direction to 3rd Party Contractors that support the project(s) development.
Responsibilities and duties:
- In conjunction with the SURF Developments Manager, provide a comprehensive and consistent approach to SURF project planning & execution across all project(s) stages
- Provide technical solution and scope development for tieback project(s)
- Lead embedded contractor resources required to support project(s) execution
- Manage 3rd Party contractor resources to support SURF project(s) execution
- Ensure comprehensive value capture approach through project(s) opportunities, risk, cost, and schedule development
- Support the integration of key innovation and technology facets into SURF developments
- Leverages relationships with contractors, vendors, partners, and internal stakeholders to enable strong project delivery
- Adherence to the Management of Change process
- Support Operations Handover and Startup activitie
- 8 years of relevant offshore SURF project delivery experience in offshore oil and gas
- Comprehensive understanding of SURF equipment, including fabrication, controls, hardware, rigid and flexible pipe, and installation
- Experience in interface management between 3rd Party Contractors and internal stakeholders
- Experience providing SURF engineering and design management, including project execution experience from early engineering through execution/implementation
- SURF construction management experience, including contract execution, and installation management
- Understands Project Controls and Information Management requirements to support project cost, schedule, management of change, and document management processes
- Knowledge of key SURF-Topsides-Hull interfaces to ensure comprehensive project evaluation and delivery
- Understanding of offshore regulatory requirements in the Gulf of Mexico as they relate to SURF and overall project delivery
- Comprehensive understanding of project risk management and mitigations to execute offshore oil and gas projects
Education, Training & Certifications:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related field
- Working knowledge and use of Project Control systems and processes
- Held subsea lead role in offshore oil and gas project(s)
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.