We are seeking to welcome a Senior Systems Administrator to our newly formed Information Technology team.
The Senior Systems Administrator interfaces regularly with other IT Operations Administrators, Network Administrators and Technical Services leadership, and is responsible for the installation, monitoring and support of client facing systems in our IT infrastructure environment.
Additional duties consist of standard Enterprise IT infrastructure support of Servers and Active Directory.
- Hands on administration of all IT infrastructure related services with a focus on - though not exclusively - compute, networking, identity, and VMware services; to include tiers 2 and 3 end user support as needed
- Hands on administration of Windows virtual environment to include management of GPOs, troubleshooting and resolving OS level issues; to include tiers 2 and 3 end user support as needed
- Hands on administration of all backup and patching activities for the IT Infrastructure.
- Routine auditing, and proactive assessment of, the IT infrastructure environment in order to continuously, and systematically, identify opportunities for improvement, service enhancement, and cost optimization for the business
- Continual assessment and management of risk within the IT infrastructure environment and remediation of identified vulnerabilities and risks
- IT Infrastructure backup and disaster recovery capabilities; ensuring on and offsite backups, redundancy, and high availability of all resources is optimized and maintained in order to minimize downtime and maximize recoverability
- Supporting secure identity management and authentication capabilities via centralized authentication mechanisms; SAML, Kerberos, LDAP, and/or federation
- Additional duties as assigned, ability to work with minimal supervision, and availability to work night and weekend hours as required
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information technology or related field, or 7 or more years of equivalent experience
- 5 years or more of hands-on experience in supporting applications and functions in a IT Infrastructure environment
- 3 years or more of hands-on experience in Windows system administration
- Strong experience in implementing, monitoring and maintaining Microsoft and VMware data center solutions, including major services related to Compute, Storage, Network and Security
- Strong knowledge of Backup, Restore, Recovery and high availability for Microsoft and IT server environments
- Windows Server creation, configuration, upgrade, migration and patching
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving IT Server environment performance issues, connectivity issues, security issues, etc
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot Windows server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resources
- Strong understanding and background of working with a complex Active Directory, LDAP and the requirement of strictly following standards, procedures, and processes
- Advanced knowledge of DNS, DHCP, Kerberos and Windows Authentication
- Knowledge of modern Windows operating systems.
- Excellent PowerShell skills
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.