Job Title: Topsites Site Structural Lead
Location: Ingleside, TX
Type of Role: Contract, 03/07/22 - 03/06/23
Pay rate: $87-$90 / hour
Work Schedule: M - F, 40 hours
Petroplan is a trusted, global talent solutions partner specializing in placing professionals across the Energy Industry. Our team is currently looking for a Topside Site Structural Lead, to be a vital member of the construction leadership team, responsible for structural activities at the Topsides fabrication yard with a focus on Safety, Quality, Schedule, and Cost.
* Provide frontline, visible safety leadership in the field and drive Topsides Fabrication Contractor to excel
* Monitor and verify that structural work of the Topsides Fabrication Contractor is executed safely, in accordance with IFC document deliverables, on time and within budget
* Monitor structural activities in construction schedule of Topsides Fabrication Contractor and assist in mitigating issues if/when they arise
* Provide structural input to assist SCM in evaluating the merit of discipline specific change proposals and claims submitted by Topsides Fabrication Contractor
* Coordinate internal (and external review where necessary) of structural engineering deliverables of Topsides Fabrication Contractor, and subcontractors thereto, including:
* Lifting plans for deck floats and module integration (incl. Pipe Deck, DES LD/UD onto lift beams, DES DF/UD onto DES LD/UD, derrick onto DES DF pedestal columns, FSB to FSF, LQ to FSB, flare boom etc.)
* Transport of fully integrated DES by Self-propelled Modular Transporter (SPMT) from current location in yard to lift point alongside FSF
* DES Jack and Skid operation to integrate DES with FSF
* Installation of LMU's
* SIT support frame
* Load-out of Topsides to transportation vessel and sea-fastening thereafter
* Coordinate internal responses to SQs/TQs/SIs related to structural scope, monitor and verify implementation and close-out by Topsides Fabrication Contractor
* Coordinate and manage interfaces between Topsides Fabrication Contractor and Transportation or Surveyors.
*Participate in tri-party walk-downs specific to structural area completions
* Identify potential changes to the Execution Manager as and when they become known
* Actively participate in change management activity to ensure impacts are assessed before change is realized in the field
* 10 years of experience in project management and oversight of contractors
* Demonstrated awareness and proactive approach to EHS
* Experience and understanding of engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction and mechanical completion and commissioning
Petroplan provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.