- Position requires a licensed Electrical Engineer with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience in an EPF/EPC environment focused upon delivery of Electrical design packages for studies, and small to medium sized projects. Experience performing as a discipline lead is desired.
- Field experience including startup and commissioning support is a plus. Experience in a chlor-alkali, chemical, or refining environment is a plus.
- Projects will be executed in a multi-discipline team environment which includes workshare engineering activities in a global, multi-cultural company office setup.
- Travel (both foreign and domestic) will be necessary as required during design and construction / startup phases.
- Position reports to the Department Engineering Manager.
- Home office location is Houston, TX.
- Up to 30% travel may be necessary to satisfy project requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Electrical Engineer provides subject matter expertise within the organization for Electrical equipment and design. Specific knowledge of transformer and rectifier design for electrolyzer applications is a plus.
- Produces deliverables as required to fulfill project needs either as an individual contributor or as part of a team of engineers and designers, dependent upon project size and scope. Project Electrical deliverables will include but are not limited to:
electrical engineering specifications, one line diagram, load list, electrical equipment and component data sheets, hazardous area classification drawings, cable sizing and cable list, grounding layouts, cable tray sizing and tray route layouts, substation sizing and layout, electrical schematics, emergency power load calculations and specifications, etc.
- Assists in the coordination and support of design activities between disciplines to ensure a correct and comprehensive design package.
- Performs Electrical System Studies and Load Flow Analysis.
- Serves as a technical contact for client, design team, third-party, vendor, and construction contractor communications related to Electrical design packages.
- Participates and assists in model, design, maintenance and operability reviews.
- Ensures compliance with specifications and codes for North American installations.
- Participates and assists in FATs and SATs for Electrical systems, packaged equipment, skid units, E-houses, and control panels.
- Reviews and comments on packaged equipment design drawing packages developed by third-party suppliers. Assists with third-party supplier interface as required.
- Checks drawings, specifications, and calculations produced by design team, suppliers, and equipment / skid unit providers.
- Assists Procurement with RFQ and RFP packages to procure Electrical equipment as required for each project. Provides technical input into vendor review and selection process including participation in shop audits.
- May work in a global project team set-up and communicates with teams in oversea offices.
- May work for a limited period on site for commissioning activities and interfaces to on-site contractors.
- Position requires at least a Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Other Science degrees may be considered based upon work experience in the Electrical field.
- PE registration and a NCEES record is a mandatory criterion.
Required Technical Knowledge (if applicable):
- The position requires a comprehensive, professional knowledge of electrical power equipment, project deliverable development, electrical design details for electrolyzer and/or chemical process projects.
- Knowledge of NEC, IEEE, API, ISA, CSA, ANSI and ASME standards.
- The experience requirement for this position is a minimum of 8 - 10 years in a chemical, refining, material handling, cement and / or mining industries with projects showing role progressions of increasing responsibility in the execution of successful projects.
- The successful candidate will be proficient using Microsoft Office software and operating in a team office environment.
- The candidate will also be proficient in communicating throughout the project team and in working with team members in all disciplines to produce a comprehensive engineering package.
- Knowledge and use of data-based engineering tools like SmartPlant (SPEL) or COMOS, ETAP, and AutoCAD design tools is a plus.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to complete project deliverables with minimal supervision.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.