- Assist Director with tax planning and research and its application to complex transactions
- Responsible for tracking various tax attributes of U.S. entities; including, but not limited to tax basis; earnings and profits roll forwards; loss carryforwards (NOLs and interest), and transfer pricing studies.
- Perform income tax modeling
- Assist in strategic tax planning and efficient tax structuring to maximize after-tax earnings from domestic, cross-border and international investments, acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, reorganizations and other large-scale complex corporate transactions being evaluated by Business Development and other teams.
- Assist in monitoring the complex U.S. tax environment and legislation (including potential US Tax Reform), including determining impacts on Company's complex organizational structure (especially the U.S. / Canadian structure)
- Plan tax efficient repatriation strategies
- Answer audit queries
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Science or a related field.
- CPA designation and/or graduate degree preferred (MS/MBA with tax specialization or law degree).
- 7 years of income tax experience in energy industry (including cross-border and international tax experience).
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state income taxes.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.