Our client, an emerging Operator within the Oil & Gas Industry, has a requirement for an experienced Engineering Manager with a focus on Downstream / LNG Projects.
The role will be initially based in Houston, TX however require frequent visits to Project Sites both domestically and internationally.
This role will be an integral part of the Snr Leadership Team and will be at the forefront of the development and execution of a Major Petro-Chemical facility.
The Engineering Manager is accountable for the management, review and approval of the final technical design and other documents provided by Contractors and will assist in administering and monitoring the FEED and/or EPC contractor during the detailed engineering and procurement phases, providing technical support to engineering and managing engineering support during construction, commissioning and start up.
- Works with Project Manager and E&C Engineering services team on all engineering related aspects to ensure on time and cost-effective project execution
- Ensures quality of engineering and design services and deliverables of both direct and subcontracted work complying with contract and government requirements and support the overall project schedule
- Manages the administration of engineering including interfaces with document control, review and approval matrices, document numbering, conformance to comments and all other administrative functions of managing the engineering effort.
- Provides leadership in review and approval of project issues such as design assumptions, heat & material balance, equipment and material selection, operation & maintenance and compliance with design standards and environmental regulations
- Attends and participates in all project key meetings organized by Project Manager and Engineering Services. Conduct technical coordination meetings with relevant parties.
- Reviews drawings, schedules, specifications, and permits to ensure compliance with project requirements. Make proper decision for FEED and/or EPC Contractor not to stop and/or hold the project construction activities.
- Works collaboratively with the Process Engineering Manager, the Senior Project Manager and ther members of project leadership to ensure timely deliverables and proper and efficient interface management between the three functions of Projects, Process and Engineering.
- Works with the E&C Construction Manager to review engineering plans for plant constructability, operability and maintainability
Experience / Education
- Recognized Engineering qualification (Degree preferred), with extensive project development skills
- Minimum of 15 x years experience within the energy / oil & gas industry
- Minimum of 7 x years within a Snr / Leadership role on a Major Project
- Minimum of 3 x years experience on LNG Projects / Design
- Strong knowledge of LNG liquefaction design and operation.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of quality assurance and control practices.
- Strong knowledge in HAZOP (Hazard and Operability) studies in oil & gas field.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30752