The GIS Analyst will work in close cooperation with Senior GIS staff to support engineering, commercial, management and operations personnel, providing them with the products they require. Project related activities include development of presentation quality maps, site and route assessment, commercial and customer research, spatial data analysis and querying, data editing, and map production.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design/create effective maps, presentation graphics, and other products that can be used to effectively communicate with targeted audiences (i.e. permitting figures, high-level presentation maps and engineering drawings) with a focus on quality and timeliness of work product.
- Provide development and engineering staff with accurate geographic information to be used in routing and construction estimates for new projects.
- Maintain and check quality of spatial and tabular natural gas infrastructure databases using various maps and data sources.
- Research energy industry information.
- Coordinate with outside companies and organizations to obtain data and geographic information.
- Interpret relevant data and information from a variety of industry, government and public sources.
- Create and acquire new geographic datasets.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
Experience, Skills & Ability
5 years of experience
- Working knowledge of ArcMap, Microsoft Excel and AutoCAD
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite; Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop a plus
- Proficiency with ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online
- Ability to work with multiple parties and clients. Have the ability to create effective maps and presentation graphics for various uses
- Ability to represent complex data relationships in simple, easy to visualize formats
- Have strong research skills
- Have a strong working knowledge of GIS, SCADA, and databases
- Position requires self-motivation and direction
- Must be able to know when to consult subject matter experts and go back to supervisor or client for more direction
Geography, GIS, Engineering, or a related field
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH36726