Our client, an emerging Operator within the Oil & Gas Industry, has a requirement for an experienced Snr Process Engineer with a focus on Downstream / LNG Projects.
The role will be initially based in Houston, TX however require frequent visits to Project Sites both domestically and internationally.
The Senior Process Engineer performs the review of the process deliverable from the FEED and/or EPC contractor. Reviews the functional test and performance standard procedures developed by the EPC Contractor for performing the Functional tests and measuring the Performance Standards related to utility consumption, LNG production, and on line reliability and maintenance requirements of all equipment.
·Advises, reviews and signs off on projects and contractor developed documentation:
·Advises on the development and execution plans of the common standards and process for the process engineering as provided by the engineering services group in E&C.
- Heat and material balances
- Process Flow Diagrams
- Piping and Instrument Drawings
- Plot Plans
- Equipment data sheets
- Vendor drawings
- Vendor shop inspections
- 3 D model
- Start-up / operating manuals
·Directs the efforts of the assigned process engineers
- Assigns areas of responsibility to process engineers assigned to the project and reviews process groups work product
·Participate in HAZOP and HAZID reviews
·Coordinates with other discipline leads
·Supervises assigned employees
·Keeps management informed with respect to the progression of the projects
·Develops and/or reviews all process modifications made on the project
·Require competence in the use of process simulation software in order to model process situations as requested to support management decisions
·Participate in the development, reviews and bidding of technical contracts for the projects
·Leads teams and provides mentoring of junior engineers at the company
Experience / Education
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 8 x years experience within the energy / oil & gas industry
- Minimum of 5 x years experience on LNG Projects / Design
- Familiarity and ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical diagrams, including flow charts, cause/effect diagrams, and Piping and Instrument Drawings (P&IDs).
- Excellent communication skills due to extensive EPC and vendor interface
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in referencing, researching, reporting, tracking and monitoring of activities and documents
- Ability to work independently and function with limited supervision
- Proficient in the use of HYSYS, Excel, and Word
- Working knowledge of ASME Pressure Vessel Code Section VIII, API RP 520 and 521
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30777