The Commercial Scheduler will work closely with the Commercial, Operations, Engineering and Maintenance teams to ensure the effective scheduling of feed gas supply, LNG vessels, as well as the operational management of LNG and heavy hydrocarbon inventory accounts (both at the physical and customer account levels). The Commercial Scheduler will also ensure that the value and risk with respect to the Liquefaction & Regasification Tolling Agreements (LRTAs) between the Operator and each of its Customers is properly managed - in particular, this means ensuring that all Commercial activities are performed in alignment with the overall Company initiatives, and that all Customer rights under the LRTA are met in a non-discriminatory, rigorous, and comprehensive way while ensuring the rights of the Operator are protected and enforced. Furthermore, the Commercial Scheduler will continuously monitor the overall operating environment (i.e. terminal operations, LNG production and loading schedule, maintenance schedule, feed gas supply schedule, etc.) for potential issues, anticipate and analyze prospective solutions to issues as they arise, recommend corrective actions, and orchestrate the implementation of solutions. The Commercial Scheduler will serve as a key liaison between The Operator and its Customers. In this role, the incumbent will be required to make decisions regarding the scheduling of feed gas supply and LNG loadings.
- Maintain working knowledge of the project agreements (i.e. the project tolling agreements, joint venture agreements, natural gas supply and transportation agreements) and the obligations contained therein.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with The Operator 's Customers and upstream pipelines. Facilitate effective communication of relevant information both informally and formally through proper channels.
- Develop Annual Programs, Ninety Day Schedules, and feed gas supply plans for the fulfillment of The Operator 's obligations under the LRTA.
- Coordinate with Operations, Engineering and Maintenance daily production plans. Timely communicate daily feed gas supply requirements and any intraday changes thereof to the Customers. Confirm Customer feed gas nominations with the upstream interconnecting pipelines.
- Coordinate with the Customers and terminal Operations the scheduling and loading of LNG vessels.
- Perform monthly and daily energy balances.
- Work across all functions within The Operator to develop and refine processes, procedures and plans to support commercial operations. Continually analyze established procedures, and recommend refinements to improve efficiency and fill gaps.
- Ensure the integrity of all reports and records pertaining to Customer inventories, feed gas, heavy hydrocarbons and LNG movements.
- Ensure that all commercial operations are conducted in a non-discriminatory manner and that The Operator maintains high standards of customer service and responsiveness.
- Work closely with IT and Operations to enhance the information systems and interfaces that will be used to fulfill The Operator 's obligations under the LRTA.
- Ensure that the Commercial Operations Management System (COMS) is regularly maintained, and all information therein is accurate and complete. Use the system to develop LNG production and loading plans.
- Engage with Operations, pipeline operators and Customers to resolve transient upsets that may arise from time to time.
- Coordinate with Regulatory and Treasury monthly reporting and invoice requirements, and ensure the accuracy of such reports and invoices.
- Develop and maintain effective network of industry contacts to cultivate market knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in accounting, finance, engineering or physical sciences), or additional relevant work experience.
- At least five (5) years of successful work experience in a commercial, analytical or technical role, or some combination thereof, in the LNG or natural gas pipeline industry.
Required Skills/ Knowledge/ Abilities:
- High degree of independent judgment and ability to make timely decisions, without the benefit of perfect information and supervisory guidance.
- Understanding of the key success factors of natural gas liquefaction, LNG regasification or natural gas pipeline operations.
- Proven ability to interface with multiple disciplines, both within and external to the Company.
- Ability to maintain the highest standard of integrity at all times and embrace The Operator 's culture standards (safety, integrity, teamwork, transparency, learning, caring, results)
- Demonstrated commercial and operational acumen concerning the recognition of risks and opportunities, coupled with an ability to negotiate rationally through complex situations.
- Strong analytical ability and foresight to identify, rationalize and quantify opportunities and challenges, analyze possible solutions, and propose the optimal courses of action.
- Strong communication skills, both in written document and verbal form.
- Self-motivated, self-starter with excellent time management skills, and a willingness to learn.
- Proven ability to function effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work weekend and evening on-call duty on a rotational schedule, in addition to regular business hours.
- Due to the level of detail and complexity of this job role, accuracy, communication and decision making skills are critical.
Preferred Skills/ Knowledge/ Abilities:
- A well-developed understanding of LNG terminal and pipeline operations.
- Proven experience scheduling LNG cargo loadings (or unloading), planning feed gas supply (or regasified LNG sendout), managing inventory storage levels and vessel schedules.
- Proven experience scheduling pipeline transportation capacity, and managing capacity release / asset management agreements.
- Operative experience with Tieto's Energy Components transportation module (aka EC Transport)
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33197