Petroplan is now hiring for a Project Lead for a Major Oil and Gas Company in the Houston, TX area.
This position will support the project services and cost control activities of the strategic Guyana and Suriname portfolio of opportunities. The position will be responsible for providing timely, accurate, technically compliant support and analysis for the company's assets which are currently in various stages of exploration, appraisal, development and eventually production.
The individual will report to the Director, Guyana and Suriname Developments and Production and will be a key support member for project personnel and various other technical teams. Key external interfaces are the Guyana and Suriname Project Services Leads for the Partners. Key internal interfaces include Guyana Suriname Planning Manager, Project Engineering Leads, Pre-Developments Director, Drilling and Completions Leads, Project Services Advisors / SME's and other Exploration, Appraisal and Developments personnel.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Primarily responsible for project services support to the Guyana and Suriname developments teams including but not limited to:
- Detailed cost estimating, benchmarking, forecasting, reporting, variance analysis and closeout
- Summary schedule development, forecasting, reporting and schedule / progress variance analysis
- Project Services input to risk exercises, review and gate processes
- Produces and monitors monthly developments forecast, VOWD and variance reports together with any other required internal project cost reporting
- Assist Project Leads with evaluation and configuration of cost information provided by the Operator
- Provide Project Management with early warning intelligence on cost deviations and trends to allow timely intervention and corrective action.
- Review and provide comments on schedules submitted by Operator; compare durations and logic against internal benchmarks
- Participates in internal and external project meetings to provide current cost information
- Leads the preparation of the relevant cost estimates, and project life cycle cost forecasts for stage gate reviews, periodic updates to the portfolio, development of economic scenarios and asset plans; Update PEEP cost input data for economists (Exploration Pre-Dev team)
- Coordinates periodic Cost and Schedule Risk Analysis exercises and provides input to the project risk process
- Supports fixed asset reporting including AFE tracking and monitoring
- Works to establish a learning framework so that the company can benefit from participation in the JV to improve the future regional company projects performance
- Minimum of 15 years project controls experience with 10 years in direct support of an active offshore project
- Significant industry experience providing project controls support for integrated upstream deepwater oil and gas teams in a non-operated context
- Strong working knowledge of oil and gas field development including execution of projects, project stage gates, cost engineering and project services concepts
Education, Training & Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering or related Business Administration field is required
- Extremely organized, attention to detail and good numerical skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment while ensuring accuracy
- Ability to manage project controls activities on multiple projects
- Proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate with a diverse team and willing to consider and accept other views and concepts in reaching critical decisions.
- Financial systems experience using SAP is required
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint are essential
The Company's Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa andAustralasiasupport projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30949